Sign in to follow this  
WWSandMan

Latest changes - File Vault, Paint Shed

S!

Many ongoing changes with the Paint  Shed which houses all our squadron skins. Latest was a change in location, the Paint Shed is now it's own main category under the Downloads section. I've also added a side-block to forum view that lists the latest skins updated. I've yet to determine if that's a good thing, it may mess up mobile device viewing of the forums. If so, I'll remove it.

Next is the change/addition of the "Files" section under Downloads to "File Vault", and EACH WW member will have his own sub-category in there to upload files for his/her own use. Please note this area is NOT private... Anyone visiting the WW site and who is registered can see and download those files. If any WW member is in need of PRIVATE file storage, please use the older Vault and it's FTP access. That area will remain indefinitely.

Thoughts and suggestions always welcome!

Hey Sandy, REALLY appreciate you kicking this ball forward. Think it's got enough momentum that I can have you stop uploading the skins now (taking me a while to grasp the basics of the DL operations, but your quick tuts this morning opened my eyes a bit wider). There are some house-cleaning items I'd like to do and it looks like we are stomping on each others toes.

For the time being, I think it best to use the Browse>Paint Shed option to get the skins anyone may need immediately.  In the meantime, I'll work on the house-cleaning items I have on my list, in regards to presenting the Skins in the Downloads area. This will take some time, but hopefully the end product will have a fairly uniform and clean appearance. Once that is done, then maybe we can nuke the Browse>Paint Shed items listing, and rely completely on the Browse>Downloads feature.

You can see what I have in mind in regards to the Fw190-A3 download.

• Like 1

@WWDubya Perfect! Thank you! And disregard the PM I just sent that you just answered here. I'll step back and take a breath...  If there's anything you need me to do or are having issues getting set with the Paint Shed, let me know. Else... have at it man, and THANK YOU!

7 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

Oh, @WWDubya, can I set the "keep old file versions" to off? 

Please do!

• Like 1

Well this is sexy as hell....glam shots of what the skin looks like and detailed explanation of what is in the package.

"The Bf109 is a fine skin, speaks three languages, enjoys long flights along the cliffs of Dover and is passionate about her armaments"

Pic1.jpg

• Haha 1