Sign in to follow this  
WWGriphos

DCS?

So, I bought A-10C basically when it came out, and always thought I'd learn it someday.  I tried it out when I got it but was pretty intimidated by the learning curve.  I know NOTHING about modern fighters.  

Over the years, I always thought I'd try out DCS some day "soon" (TM).  So, when modules went on deep sale (50% or so), I got them.

I now find myself the owner of every module and map except the Hornet and the C-101.  (Where's the shameface emoji?)

A year or so ago, Winston (some of you know him) finally got me oriented in the FC3 aircraft, particularly the F-15, A-10A and the Su-33.  He found other things to occupy him after his move, so I kind of dropped out again.

This last month or so, though, Dan (Driftwood) and I have been learning the FC3 aircraft again.  And I've picked back up the Huey and F-86 that I flew for a little when I first got them.  

All this to say...I'm damned impressed with the new version (2.5), both graphically and performance-wise.  It's such a pretty and fluid sim, and the flight dynamics are simply the best of any sim I've flown (including RoF, which I really liked).  I have the Yak-52 and the new Christen Eagle II, so I can finally test the flight model in planes that remotely resemble those I actually fly, and it's very good!

Does anyone else have any DCS modules and fly them?  It would be nice if some of us got together and flew a bit together.  I've got all of Winston's old missions.  

I've got FC3, the A-10C, The F-86, the MiG 15 and 21, the P-51, the Kurfurst, and the Dora.  Like everything else, time is limited, but I'd love to actually get my money's worth our of them.  :classic_wink:

P-51D, FW-190D9, F-86, A-10C, F-15C (but not the entire FC) and just got the CE2 (but had to brute force install it into the sim). 

I tnker around with DCS a bit, have always wanted to learn the A-10C (I have the Warthog joystick after all) but never have gotten around to it. 

Thing is, I don't have much time to sit in front of the PC these days. Gets hard to nail down Tuesday evenings, much less anything else. I thought I'd have tons of spare time now that I'm out on my own, but turns out I really enjoy living life outside my apartment. WhodaThunkIt? 

I'm still learning, but DCS brings back a lot of memories of my old jet sim days. Of course all my skills are gone after 20+ years. I'd enjoy flying DCS with every one. 

• Like 1