Tuesday 2-26

Emphasis for Tuesday is FUN....

I'm tired of getting my ass kicked...

Back to Kuban.  Ground targets for the most part will remain the same.  Destroyers off our norther coast have been taking care of, so a fleet of supply cargo ships can try and make it into Kersh harbor from the NE.  Keep an eye on them to make sure they are getting thru ok.

If anyone wants a specific place to fly, just let me know and I will make sure it is included.   Otherwise the plane set will be pretty much what it was last Tuesday, but will reduce plane lives to 3.

Warmup @ 8:30

Map from previous mission can be viewed here:  https://www.wingwalkers.org/topic/6403-tues-1-22/

Plane set (unless someone requests a change)

0219planeset.jpg

Edited by WWSittingduck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you meant a specific place/plane to fly? FW190 A-5

I flew the FW190 A-3 last time, only slot left, can't remember the other planes? I'm practicing with the A-3. Flying the planes you pick for the mission works for me, then I'm more likely to fly all the different fighter planes. But if/when it's possible I'd like to know specifically which 1 or 2 planes I'll be able to choose in advance. Then I'll only fly those planes for the week prior to Tuesday.

I'm working on controlling my landing speed. Seems to help if I take off and just fly around with my gear/flaps down just above approach speed and never exceeding max gear/flaps speed to get comfortable and learn a little patience. I'd rather land a little slow and bit short and have to adjust to hit my mark as opposed to fast and long virtually impossible to adjust and end up in the ditch/bay. 

Thanks... 

• Like 1

I was going to start a different topic on using the map tool and ask if anyone has used but its related to Tuesday's mission. I was playing around with it to help get a better understanding of using the tactical map and how long it takes to fly from point to point. 

My tinkering with the mission info. 

WW-MissionInfo-PW5-One-Joban-19420609-Bomb-G-01.pdf

Does anyone use the IL 2 Map tool? 

https://il2map.info/ 

opps. 2 different tools.  Take a look at this one, this is what I tinkered with in the past.  Nice thing about this utility is you stream it.

https://il2missionplanner.com

at the bottom left, click on stream mission plan. Hit connect.  my mission plane is pw5 kuban  p/w is our usual.  If you connect as lead, you can edit the map.  When you make the map, you can assign a seperate "view" password and "lead" password.  As other people who know the lead password make changes, they show up when the map is viewed.  

Edited by WWSittingduck
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, WWSittingduck said:

lol...ok blue flight...the new recruit just volunteered to be Lead Tuesday, and he has my AYE!

Dan, have you tried hosting your maps?  

LOL, Say What!? I just used the map tool to create a quick route for your map. I don't have a map and I'm not registered with map tool. It works great for looking at "your map" and tinkering with routes and times, etc. I still need about 300-500 hours of IL 2 time. If I can't take off and land successfully or shoot down a bandit, I don't think I'll be lead any time soon. 

Using the map tool is a bit clunky but good for down and dirty routes on the fly. I have a second PC I use; so I thought I'd try making simple PDF's I can pull up on that monitor for cheat sheets and references. 

If you create a map you can save it even though your not registered. Seems to stay in your history to revisit in via the folder icon - "but as soon as you clear you cache/browser history it's gone." So I just make the route on the fly and then print to PDF, no borders, might adjust your browser size to get it as big as possible or it's hard to read the tactical map numbers. 

52 minutes ago, WWSittingduck said:

opps. 2 different tools.  Take a look at this one, this is what I tinkered with in the past.  Nice thing about this utility is you stream it.

https://il2missionplanner.com

at the bottom left, click on stream mission plan. Hit connect.  my mission plane is pw5 kuban  p/w is goober.  If you connect as lead, you can edit the map.  When you make the map, you can assign a seperate "view" password and "lead" password

Cool tool I'll have to take a look at this soon. did you want your p/w listed online? 

Edited by Driftwood