Voice attack profiles

WWZed

I am working on  3 voice attack profiles for generic use in IL2  Below is a list of the commands I am going to map to Voice Attack.  If you see anything that you want added or will never have a need for just ;et me know.  The VA will use the default keys for the command so if you have remapped your keys let me know AFTER the generic ones are done and I  will customize it for you..  

image.thumb.png.81568a0f2f12ffdedf16d60eee88f72e.pngFighterBomberTank

• Like 1

We all beat to different drums, and what works for some will never work for others, but I have NEVER been able to understand how pilots fly with one hand on a stick, and the other on the keyboard and/or mouse.  Worse part of all this is just about all of them are better then me....sigh....so can not say what I am doing is right, and what they are doing is wrong..

Am not going to say VoiceAttack is perfect...anyone who has seen my gear go up when I told it to close the canopy will attest to that..but for 10 bucks  it is well worth the investment.  

and...on those lonely flights back to base, i got this sexy voice talking dirty to me.....

i got this sexy voice talking dirty to me.....

Your airplane?   >"When we get home I want you to shove the hose in all the way, and fill me up with every drop of avgas you've got"?

I have the trial version on my gaming computer, but VoiceA say it cant understand what Im saying. I will spend more time with it, now that I see there is that additional bonus you just mentioned......................

I need to get this. Griphos told me about Voice Attack, I hadn't played with it yet. Still in the phase of breaking bad habits for TrackIR head movement, using toe brakes which is still about 6 months new to me. Years of relaxing my feet on the pedals instead of using my heels causes break problems while taxiing. But I should download it and start experimenting. I think it would be fantastic for giving commands for AI wing, talking to tower, etc for other sims. 

I assume this is a must have for VR users? Or for users with only a joystick and are limited on buttons. 

I like the idea of using voice attack for voice commands. I assume those that fly the bombers would need this to function by communicating with the copilot and gunners. But a lot of the regular commands would feel a bit weird to me. Like close canopy or engine controls. Of course if you don't have the buttons and the keyboard command is a stretch like, RCTRL+ Z or you have to press 3 keys, etc. makes perfect sense. 

How do you use voice attack with TS?

Do you have a voice attack mute, only use press to talk or does voice activation work with it, etc. 

Do's and don't tips? 

Thanks,

each pilot has it set up different.  But very doable...it all boils down to pilot preference...

For me, I hold a key on my joystick, that key mutes my ts mic, and tell VA to start listening.  When I release the key, va stops listening, and my ts mic unmutes.

One very cool thing about voice attack, you can tell it to say something when the command is executed.  So if I tell it to put my gear up, when it goes up I get my sexy voice saying "landing gear"

• Like 1

I use two buttons on my joystick, one for ts one for va.   In VR it is almost indispensable.   And if you really think about it, the pilot never closes his own manual canopy, the crew chief usually does except for the sliders.

• Thanks 1

Never thought about the canopy being closed by someone else for most planes? I like to open/close the Spit canopy after takeoff and before landing. But if I had VR I'd use it for a ton of stuff. Kind of cool to lean your head out the side to see. 

Voice Attack is on the "tinker with when ready" list of items.