Sign in to follow this  
WWCraven

TS Push to Talk Question

I admit it, I'm lazy.  Instead of beating my forehead on my keyboard trying to figure this out myself, I'll ask the question here.

Does anyone use or know how to setup two different buttons so they they can both be used for PTT?

I find myself fumble farting around at times wishing I had a button on my joystick in addition to the one I already use on the Warthog throttle.  Apparently I don't have enough thumbs☹️.

Haven't been able to figure out to get a button the throttle and the joystick to share the PTT function, it's either one or the other, not both at least as far as I can see.

Ideas anyone?

Just chose push-to-talk in the hotkey setup (bottom choice). You can set as many as you want

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, WWZed said:

Just chose push-to-talk in the hotkey setup (bottom choice). You can set as many as you want

Yup, I set up 2 many buttons at first experimenting and I had thumbs, fingers, and elbows pushing to talk, so I switched to voice activated. May need to go back to push to talk if my AC triggers the comms based on my comms breaking up. But I think that is more due to when something is downloading and my windfall of "lost connection" over the past week or so. Prior to that I never had a problem with voice activation. Don't use external speakers which doesn't play nice with voice activation. 

I need every button I have for the darn plane...... 

• Like 1

How freaking simple was that😲.   Just goes to show that when in doubt it pays to ask.  And a side note to self, don't make things more complicated than they need to be.

Thanks for the assist gents, much appreciated.

I've said it before, I have no idea how you people get by with ptt.  If I had to remember to push a button you would not hear 80%of what I had planned to say..

6 minutes ago, WWSittingduck said:

I've said it before, I have no idea how you people get by with ptt.  If I had to remember to push a button you would not hear 80%of what I had planned to say..

lol, and that's a bad thing because...🙊🙉🙈😁

True story... I've gotten so used to the PTT button that when I need to interject "wit" at my wife during a NetFlix movie, I actually squeeze my trigger finger (my PTT button) as I'm doing it! 

I love that Dub....at work I have seen people presenting to a monitor try to drag the image on the screen with their hand thinking it was a touch screen.

there must be a term invented for applying the wrong technology to a different device.

Cross-teching?

The word is "Automatism" having to do with Muscle memory - auto response. Something I'm working on since I've changed my stick hand position and trying to fix bad habits. Same reason pilots can't explain and break down how they do what they do so well after 500+ hours of flying, they just do it. 

This made me LOL, so true... 

On 4/17/2019 at 7:12 PM, WWDubya said:

True story... I've gotten so used to the PTT button that when I need to interject "wit" at my wife during a NetFlix movie, I actually squeeze my trigger finger (my PTT button) as I'm doing it! 

I set the NoseWheelSteering button on the stick (right index finger pushes) for my TS PTT. I set that in the TS setup. I used to use F12 and then bind that to whatever WartHog profile I use. That got cumbersome and confusing, so I simplified. 

I can't use Voice Activated for many reasons. I'll leave it at that...

I need to look at TS closer so I understand using whispers, etc. It would be nice if I could setup TS so I can be in more than one comms channel at a time when needed. Like listen in and communicate with the bombers channel during taxi/takeoff and heading to the first way point etc. Or if we have 4 channels, pick and choose any combination of channels to be on at the same time. Not sure it works that way or how cumbersome that would be to operate. 

I'm on-call this weekend and I scan both channels we use for Bayside/Coast/Transit/Contract City patrols.  It's non-stop at points, and enough to drive a man insane.  That being said, I don't think listening to multiple channels on TS at once would do much besides confuse the listener.  However, while in one channel, you can whisper to the other channel and all of those users hear it; and vice-versa going back the other way.  The addition of the Cougar MFD has totally changed how I use TS, and makes things sooooooooo much easier, and it's got extra buttons that I've assigned other stuff to!  Check it out Driftwood.

Cougar MFD Discussion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WWDriftwood said:

I need to look at TS closer so I understand using whispers, etc. It would be nice if I could setup TS so I can be in more than one comms channel at a time when needed. Like listen in and communicate with the bombers channel during taxi/takeoff and heading to the first way point etc. Or if we have 4 channels, pick and choose any combination of channels to be on at the same time. Not sure it works that way or how cumbersome that would be to operate. 

start up your teamspeak, and go to bookmarks, and click on your ww bookmark to open it.

Now go to bookmarks, but Right click on WW, and select connect in new tab.

You can LISTEN in both servers, but your mic will be muted in the server you are not active in.

So if you were flying blue, but wanted to listen to Gold (shudder....), in one server go to gold flight, in another server go to blue flight, and make sure blue flight is the active server.   You can have a hot key to "switch to next server".  If you only have 2 servers open, it will just toggle you between the 2.

but chunk might be right.....especially lisenting to gold...

Edited by WWSittingduck
  • Haha 2

Hmm....I almost take offense to your statement Duck.

If there wasn't some truth to it.

I'd tell you the same thing I tell fry... I'll drive to your house and cut you.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WWICYtheDEAD said:

Hmm....I almost take offense to your statement Duck.

If there wasn't some truth to it.

I'd tell you the same thing I tell fry... I'll drive to your house and cut you.

Icy you don’t have enough gas to get to everybody’s houses, we’re safe from that threat but the chatter in gold, hmmmm.....

i would be the first to admit that we yap "A..LOT.."..But only before and after we fly, I have taken notice and try not to yap during missions.

And I can allways get the money for gas.......

also we all know im kidding.

• Like 1

Now if I was a betting man, I would bet you don't need a knife, you could just talk somebody to death, LOL, now that was funny, I don't care who you are! :evil_laugh: