That's All Brother

WWSensei

FYI. "That's All Brother", the first C-47 over the coasts of Normandy on D-Day is currently in Europe preparing to do a flyover for the anniversary of the D-Day landings. This veteran aircraft is stationed with the Central Texas Wing of the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) in San Marcos, Texas and the squadron I volunteer with these days. Though my participation has dropped off in the last year as work has interfered, I still pay my dues and help when I can. Watch the news over the next few days and you might catch a glimpse of her. She's going to be in Europe for the next month and a half with a group of all volunteer crew to take her around various sites in Europe.

https://www.centraltexaswing.org/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes.  Probably the last full blown event planned to commemorate the anniversary of D day. Touching to see towns in France and other countries still remembering on each anniversary of D day, that Americans came over to fight and die, so that they could be rid of the Axis invaders. 

Of course, thats right, many countries, especially Canada,  contributed to defeating the Axis with full honors, and great sacrifice, and loss of life. All I ever see on the US news was the US soldiers making trips back over there, so I tend to have that in mind first. 

• Thanks 1