Thursday 6-13

seemed to have a lot of individual problems Tuesday.  Common sense says they had something to do with update which may or may not be true.

unless there is something else planned, would like to have something for Thursday that can attempt to focus in on the issues, so anyone that had problems, let me know so I can try an figure out best way to test (ie...have a 110 g2 and a 110 e2 in there for gold)

no idea of what is planned to tonight, but it is game 7 of Stanley Cup, so will not be flying.

I had sound issues in the 110 as I believe Zed had as well, also when fry jumped into my JU88 I lost all control of my engines! Couldn't even shut down the engines and ended up bailing out instead of trying too land with them throttled up the way they were.

I'm betting on a hot fix patch.

5 hours ago, WWICYtheDEAD said:

I had sound issues in the 110 as I believe Zed had as well, also when fry jumped into my JU88 I lost all control of my engines! Couldn't even shut down the engines and ended up bailing out instead of trying too land with them throttled up the way they were.

I'm betting on a hot fix patch.

Icy, is it only in multiplayer or offline as well? 

Keys/Axis - I noticed a couple axis were reverted. I need to run through and makes sure everything is okay. 

Radio - My radio folder seemed untouched. Everything is still in English; though the radio chatter in the quick mission was a little insane; I think I'll have to disable the radio folder. 

I noticed the patch of forest that was flashing, but for the most part everything's been working fine based on the few ours of flight. 

They'll probably have a followup patch, typically I get a small patch after the larger patches. So I'd expect a couple or so for this larger patch once the community reports in on issues. 

It's never happend before as far as the loss of engine control, I have had sound issues off and on but only when I fly on our server, it's never happend in any other server or offline our in any other game for that matter, but seamd worse last night.

TS and sound is a bit touchy. I've found it's best to launch my TIR before TS, I read about other users having similar problems in the order you start some programs when using TS, my additional keyboard with volume control causes problems. In game when guys change channels that will mess with the volume dropping it making it hard to hear those that change into the channel. Most of the time it works just fine provided my keyboard is disconnected. Using exterior speakers with or without push to talk. Even with push to talk exterior speakers can garble sound at times. I also got rid of the TS whisper sound and history box pop up, the pop seemed to cause problems, even popped up in my game one time and messed up the sound. So the history box is unchecked and might be fine with dual monitors. 

Not sure about the control issues, sounds like you need to test switching planes in multiplayer, etc and see what the controls do. I've had issues with changes when changing between some planes messing with controls or views.

Wasn't sure what Navy's issue was, something with the update itself?

Fairly random problems between pilots. 

well, as far as I can tell, need to have several planes for gold to fly so they can switch out if they have problems with one plane, and we can see if it carries to the next plane.

if i understand icy's post correctly, he did not have issues till fry jumped into his gunner position, so will ask blue to be jumping into gunners in various planes to test this out.

navy had seat position issues, as well as not being able to get the escape key to bring him to finish flight, so he would have to exit the game to re-plane.  

have not seen any posts at IL2 with the same issues....so no idea what is going on with any of them

Duck, you understood correctly, I've never had flight control issues when someone else jumped in my plane midflight ,I found that one odd.

As for the sound,

I lost all sound of my plane and outside sound.

Got pissed cause I never heard the plane that shot me down and killed me. Didn't even know I was being shot at.

Didn't have any ts sound problems drift, it was all aircraft sound issues.

Also I did try to shut down game and restart game after this started and it didn't make a difference in my sound.

So Duck, your not flying tonight but your going to load a mission? 

Icy, glad to hop in/out of gunner seat. From all the problems happening Tuesday, it didn't seem any problems were really common between pilots. Maybe the sound with Zed? 

I think Craven had some binding issues?, I had to reset my mixture axis to inverted again, Navy had issues getting to the menu to finish and pick a new plane, Duck and I saw the flashing patch of forest, etc. Should be easy to test, I'd use a different mission, if no problems happen, then load the same mission as Tuesday, no problems, maybe it was just the night, problems with one mission only, it's the mission, problems on both missions, likely it's the game or mission editor conversion problems. 

I wasn't sure if I was flying tonight, but I can hop in for an hour and play gunner leap frog for testing if needed. Just let me know.... 

Seemed like everything was work better last night with the update, not sure what the overall status was for everyone. Any problems?

Brinson's server worked great. Thanks!

Brin, I watched the track on our exchange with the bandits. I totally blew it when I followed the bandit down in a BnZ and thought I could nail him coming out of the zoom and put myself on your wing. That didn't work at all. :brick_wall: All I did was blow my smash, miss my shot, and watched the the bandit pull away. From that point on I was low and slow in the fight and couldn't find my way up to help you. I did see the bandit on your six suddenly appear as I looked up and was watching your fight. When I do something stupid like that, just come down and use me as live bait, LOL... I can be a worm on hook when needed. 

I'm liking my new profile, for checking my 6, just need about 10 more hours to get comfortable with the zoom difference. 

so as part of testing the new patch, and I'm engaged with this bandit, I forgot who flew in on my right for bandit 2, I discovered Icy's guns work on the bomber since I could hear them hit my plane at 2:30 followed by, sorry, sorry, chuckle, sorry, LOL... I think when they say wing me they don't mean wing me as in try to take my wing off... :pistols: now after I lined up on your 6, I admit my trigger finger was feeling mighty itchy with you in my sights. Pretty funny stuff.