Well now....didn't see this coming...

WWGriphos

It is pc based on windows 10 as well.  Preliminary reports show you need upgrades to the Xbox to fly it, specifically a VR setup so you will be able to click switches etc.  For those flatlanders (oops I meant flat screen people) you should be able to use those mundane muggle type controls, like a keyboard etc....  us VR people will be flying it in the cockpit.   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WWGriphos said:

Well, the platform doesn't really need to make a difference.  It's a question of its physics.  We'll have to see.  

I think it makes a difference if they are doing true, cross-platform development.  The PC end will be hindered by the Xbox limitations.  I agree on the physics part wholeheartedly, but I am most interested in third party add-on's; specifically aircraft.

I think the processors n the new game platforms are pretty cheap Matabele now. 

Edit: WTF iPad spellchecker?!  I tried to type “are pretty comparable now” meaning I don’t think processing power will hold back the physics, depending on the new engine. For me, it’s about the physics of flight and the believability of the world. I don’t much care about full systems simulation on tube liners, etc. I do want to be able to control the engine (mixture, prop, etc) and operate the nav systems, etc. 

I’m just saying whether a flight sim is arcade is independent of platform. War Thunder is made for the PC as is Aerofly 1 and 2 and both are very arcade. Even IL2 is pretty arcade in terms of flight physics. MS has a record of doing fairly well in terms of physics. We'll see...I’m hopeful. 

Edited by WWGriphos

5 hours ago, WWChunk said:

Rift here as well Mike. Driftwood has a VR setup and Griphos just got a Rift S. It pretty darned cool!

I use Track IR, I'm about a year or so from trying VR....

but I'm trying to make my TIR feel like VR, kind of like a photographer going crazy trying to take a close up of the beginning of a rainbow... just need to drive a few more miles, were close, I just know it. 

13 minutes ago, WWDriftwood said:

I use Track IR, I'm about a year or so from trying VR....

but I'm trying to make my TIR feel like VR, kind of like a photographer going crazy trying to take a close up of the beginning of a rainbow... just need to drive a few more miles, were close, I just know it. 

My bad Driftwood, it was Brin that had the Vive VR setup.  My apologies sir.

Once we get settled into the the new place, all the bills paid off, new flooring put in, and replace the old work rags with something more appropriate for the office, we should have a little bit of "treats" cash left over. I'm looking REAL hard at the RiftS as well. Like the idea of inside-out tracking to limit the number of cables and other peripherals cluttering the simpit environment.

• Like 1

Are there graphics card / processor speed implications for these?  Thinking I would need a new machine before I would go VR.

feels like I would wait one more generation before I buy.

PS. Anyone watch this season episode 1 of Black Mirror....

• 3 months later...