Throttle Quadrant Needed

WWDriftwood

Looks like one of my great grandfathers wooden toys he made. 

Preferably more modern, and works well... never used one and wasn't sure how temperamental they are. How do you guys fly 4 engine aircraft?

Found a cool one for only $600, LOL..... 

I think for what you want to do, the CH Throttle Quadrant might be your best bet. I love mine, but like Icy, I do a lot by selecting each engine to control as opposed to having all the controls for each engine on the quad; otherwise, I’d have fifty levers to fiddle with!

My WartHog has dual throttles, so flying twin-engined aircraft is fairly easy. But I still do a lot of engine-selection for specific engine controls (radiator, prop pitch, mixture, etc) when needed. Aircraft with more than two engines require separate control, or all at once (Ju-52). 

Don’t get the Saitek quads. They have cheap pots. I have the CH. it’s very useful for rads, prop, etc. I really like having the 12 buttons.  Use them in basically every sim. The pots on one of my axes is a little noisy now, but I’ve had them for over a decade. And I really like the quad for my civilian sims. Very nice for twins, giving me two throttle, two prop, and two mixture controls.  I rarely use my TWCS throttle for the civ sims. Just for the jets, or as collective on the choppers. 

Edited by WWGriphos

I'll go with the CH Pro ASAP, extra buttons will come in handy, not sure how it will work as another USB device. Need to change out my current "USB headset/Mic" for a standard headset with a jack. That will free up my USB for the quad.

http://www.mypilotstore.com/MyPilotStore/sep/4946?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZnslMXz4gIVl9dkCh0WOwm9EAQYAyABEgK0VvD_BwE

I'm going to setup a different table for my sim pit, been waiting to finalize my TIR and minor adjustments for my peripherals so I know how to measure things out. I really wanted the throttle quadrant off to the left of my throttle, stick to the right as is; and then leave space between my throttle and stick so I can mount a yoke at later date, one I can pop on/off.

I may order the VKB combat grip fist for extra buttons, extra springs, who knows how long these will last. 

Hopefully that will give me everything I need in the way of buttons, I'll keep moving towards hands on only so when it's time for VR the transitions will be easier. 

Thanks again for the input... :peace:

I purchased 4 items from them.

VKB MKII stick - worked okay, took 2 months to settling and would not auto center without the software, most people said it centered out of the box but mine wanted to pull to one side. 

CH Pro Rudder pedals - worked out of the box, a little noise when I left rudder.

CH Pro throttle - bought a new throttle from .org since the old was a bit noisy, the new one would stick in the center and the gauges in my plane would start hopping when I tried setting the throttle in the low range, it was worse than the old one. I had to send the new throttle back for a replacement, they gave me a hard time trying to say it was fine, then finally they saw what it was doing and agreed to send a new one back. I was doing aerobatics and needed my throttle to be consistent, kept hopping right in my perfect fuel flow range.  The new one worked perfect out of the box.

(seemed like the first throttle was stored/or/shipped improperly, the new one they sent in an additional box with packing stuff to keep the box from being compressed in shipping. I could tell something was funky the first time I moved the throttle.)  

VKB MK II Pro - came with a bent pin and the grip was different from what was advertised, couldn't get it to work. They sent a new one and it worked perfect out of the box.

(again, second time they shipped it they put it in an additional box. I swear the first one they sent was a return they repacked with a different grip)

After I had to sent back the stick and before it arrived; they sent me an email saying they didn't know if they would sell me any more hardware in the future do to the high return rate, LOL. No apologies for faulty products, I had to pay to have it shipped back so I ended up spending an additional 30-40 $.

In all the years of buying flight gear, I've only had to send 2 items back, both with .org. I haven't purchased anything from them since. 

Would you purchase from them again? 

Wish I had looked at the CH before I got the Saitek (Logitech)

Frigging Saitek quad, when the levers are down, stick over the desk (unless the mounting is modified), which makes them very prone to getting broken off. 

1522728606_saitekquad.png.345ec9bdf0f79144c0605f2996aed8e9.png

But, did notice there is 90° of movement in the Saitek vs what looks like 15° on the CH.  Not sure if that is a concern.  Pricing is the same.  120 for 2 Saitek

Edited by WWSittingduck

I foolishly spent money on several Saicrap sticks one year. Money was tight, needed to fly, went for low-price. After the fourth one in less than a year I realized I could have bought a  good quality setup for less money. After that I've never bought Saicrap gear of any kind. I even turned down a freebie Saicrap stick a friend offered... And he wasn't the least bit offended. So if anyone ever wants a hardware review on anything Saicrap makes (or has made), I'll happily add my opinion. You might be able to guess what that opinion may be.