Sign in to follow this  
WWSittingduck

Tuesday 7-9

Do not have next JG52 mission ready, and last one has been played a lot, so am going to fall back on a mission made a while back.  It's one of those missions that was made just to try out some ME stuff.  Think i tested it....but for the life of me am not really sure.....

Objective.  Find an old underground mine that has been converted to an ammo bunker.   All we have are bf109f4/fw190a3 until the bunker is located.  

Once the bunker is located, rtb.  Plane set is now expanded, but loadouts on all planes is limited to 50gk bombs.  We want to try and bomb a relatively wide area.  If we are successful at destroying the bunker, we can rtb, and a normal plane set with all load outs should be available, and we can focus on the factory targets.

• Like 1

but still can not test....can get the server up for bout 1 minute,,,then crashes. 

There seem to be other servers up with players, so have no idea what is going on.  If I can not test this, and issues go away, will have to run something else.

ok, that sucked....

have no idea why the edit i DID do when i restarted the mission did not take, but that is why no AI.

There was a plan B in case we did not hit all the invisible objects we had to hit for the ammo dump to blow, but that did not work either,,,at least not till most everyone was rtb

eye candy every so often is nice, but it is a pain in the ass.  For all the time I had to put into this, am really pissed things went so poorly...

Posted (edited)

Sorry it worked out poorly. I had fun. And I meant it when I said it was very satisfying to watch.  Those were impressive fireworks!  Sorry I’m the only one that got to see them. 

I know a lot of work goes into these things, and it’s frustrating for updates to mess with all that work. 

Edited by WWGriphos

will take it as a learning experience.

The concept of having different load outs/planesets depending on objectives is a good one.  has it's merits, and as we found out, we did not know how to use it.  When the plane set changes at a base, you can not just hit "refly".  You have to click on the base again, and the new plane set will be displayed.

Rcon gave me some issues.  I connected, I did a server query which came back ok, but in between the time I went to do a "server input" and the server query, the Rcon disconnected me, and I did not know it. 

Here is the recording I did....I think I zipped it correctly.

https://www.wingwalkers.org/files/file/173-ammodump-track/

That track was awesome to watch, "BOOM" so is that what was supposed to happen if we hit the mine? Or was that just a huge admin bomb drop? Either way, very cool...

thanks...should let you know...you should now have couple extra items in your effects.  Bdummyexplosion and Cdummyexplosion.  They are ok to use, but need little extra attention.