THE BOMBERS ARE HERE! July 24 Update

WWZed

July 24 UPDATE

Dear friends,

We're glad to report that the new update containing three new war machines are out. The first one of them is Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.G German medium tank for Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka project. It was one of the most commonly used German tanks and had an interesting mix of powerful weaponry and lacking armor, making its use in the sim somewhat peculiar. It also had an interesting feature - autonomous turret traverse mechanism powered by a dedicated petrol motor.

The second one is the WWI RAF fighter bomber Bristol Fighter F.2B for Flying Circus - Volume 1 project. This airplane had good flight characteristics among the two-seaters, various armament and could perform a wide selection of tasks. Two modifications of this aircraft are included - with Falcon II and Falcon III engines.

And the third one is another Flying Circus - Volume 1 aircraft - German WWI ground attack plane Halberstadt CL.II. This multifunctional machine had good defensive turret equipped with one or two Parabellum LMG 14 machine guns fed by large-capacity magazines. Halberstadt could have one or two forward-firing MGs and carry 12 kg and 50 kg bombs, camera for aerial recon and radio for aerial spotting.

In addition to them, the update includes exterior textures in 4K quality for Bf 109 G-14 and Fw 190 A-3. There are also several important improvements in the full list of changes:

1. PzKpfw.IV Ausf.G is available to Tank Crew - Clash at Prokhorovka owners;
2. Halberstadt CL.II (Mercedes D.IIIa (180 h.p.) and Mercedes D.IIIau (200 h.p.) modifications) is available to Flying Circus - volume 1 owners;
3. Bristol Fighter F2.B (Falcon II (255 h.p.) и Falcon III (285 h.p.) modifications) is available to Flying Circus - volume 1 owners;  
4. Bf 109 G-14 has 4K exterior texturing made by Martin =ICDP= Catney;
5. Fw 190 A-3 has 4K exterior texturing made by Martin =ICDP= Catney;  
6. User interface checkbox that disallows other players to occupy one of the stations of your tank in multiplayer works now;
7. Main tank gunfire sound won't be skipped while shooting at a maximum rate of fire;
8. Tank traverse systems on player controllable tanks can be damaged now;
9. Switching between main and backup gunsights on player controllable tanks happens correctly;  
10. Chalk slopes on the Prokhorovka map won't visibly appear and disappear;
11. Forests on the Prokhorovka map won't visibly blink;  
12. Looking at an aircraft mirror at certain view angles won't cause a severe performance drop that was noticeable at high visibility distance settings on low- and middle-end video cards;
13. Destroyed ground vehicles on the GUI map are semi-transparent;
14. Engine throttle control helper logic has been updated (previously it could limit the available engine power at high altitudes);
15. S.E.5, Sopwith Camel and Sopwith Dolphin ailerons buffeting amplitudes at higher flight speeds have been corrected.

Please discuss the update in this thread.

5FDFC0B8-DF70-4184-A843-8E3E2DFBCECA.jpeg

8FFB1406-83F3-499E-BF0E-2698C3CE8F20.jpeg

F8E7D63E-DA50-4426-AC7C-B4FCB455940F.jpeg

Edited by WWZed

My update failed, trying again and hoping nothing gets messed up. I backed up the previous update folder, luascripts folder, and my startup.cfg hoping I'm covered. 

Fingers crossed.... forehead wrinkled, eyes squinted as I wait...:yikes:

Sneaksie, Developer, Posted 6 hours ago

If you have 'failed to update' message in the launcher, please close it, navigate to the installation folder of the game and delete the folder called 'updates' and backup data/startup.cfg file (it contains your settings) and data/luascripts/snapviews folder if you altered the default camera positions for yourself. Then run the laucher again. Sorry for inconvenience!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/52829-game-version-3102-discussion-pzkpfwiv-ausfg-halberstadt-clii-bristol-fighter-f2b/

good luck, 

Thursday will be interesting... 

Worked for me, make sure you save the other folder and files and don't just rename the update folder...

• Just backup the update folder, luascripts/snapview and startup.cfg
  • Delete the update folder in IL2 folder
  • Update
  • Save the Updated folders/files - startup.cfg and snapview folder that was updated so you have that as a backup
  • Now you have backups of both pre/post updates

Delete the startup.cfg and snapview folder in the game folder and replace with your originals

Question is are there other files/folders other than the config and snapview that can get changed when deleting the update folder? 

Worked for me, went in and flew a couple planes, one of my missions, the new Bristol... everything seems okay but I only flew around for 20 minutes. 

I dropped a bomb but nothing happened, probably too low or need to arm, etc. have to RTFM I guess, LOL

Back to work.... :paper:

2 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

thanks wood....did you have to restore any of the files you backuped?

I restored my startup.cfg and the snapview folder. 

After the update I fired up the game, had to enter my email agian, not my PW, and all my graphic/sound settings were back to default so I put the old startup.cfg file back. Went ahead and replace the snapview, figured no point in messing with it since I know I change my views a bit. Plus I had the folder from the update just in case. 

But were trusting that what the Dev said was true an no other files/folders were altered with the update. I don't use any mods or anything other than the radio folder/english which didn't change, but no mod folder. There was some confusion about which update folder, the one in the root or one in data, I just followed what the dev said/root; and kept my fingers crossed. 

Anyone who didn't backup there startup.cfg was upset, LOL, that would be a pain. 

I don't know what else you could do other than backup the entire game folder to a separate drive so you can cherry pick old files/folder as needed. I don't have the space for that. 

SERVERS:

I read something about backing up the config file for the server prior to updating? Might look at that... 

1 hour ago, WWZed said:

That worked perfectly for me, thanks Wood!

your welcome... glad to be the test dummy on this. 😉 

Omg. The Bristol is beautiful.  Twin Lewis guns for Zeus, 2 bombs big enough to take out a tank..  now the Halberstadt, I couldn’t drop the nose to (literally) save my life....  and Cameras for both