OT Best 12 bucks you can spend

Staggering around this A.M. trying to wake up.  Know I can hear something, but for the life of me can not figure out what it is.  Fridge is shut...did not set my alarm last nite...

then it hit me...the water heater alarm I bought 2 years ago....sure as shit...water heater (14 years old) was just starting to leak.  This thing is buried under the stairs in the man-cave...would never had noticed water till too late.  Best 12 bucks I ever spent..

And damn,,,,have you tried to buy a 12 year electric water heater these days?   next to impossible...they are all 6 years...

717301121302.thumb.jpg.b06cae340cb1479c1e81d2cd6b5ff1ed.jpg

• Like 2

I'm going to ask my folks if they have alarms for there water heaters and ac condensation pans or whatever those things are. I think there have been a couple times they had water damage from both... 

Growing up with a dad as a fire fighter, we put in a sprinkler system both in the attic and every freaking room, closet, nook and cranny in the house, a 3x3 closet had a head for an 8x8 room. We would never burn, only drown. LOL. We put in a flow valve alarm, water flows, the alarm blows... didn't work when one of the heads broke in the attic over the garage. Nice little mess. The alarm was water pouring from the ceiling and water running under the garage door into the street, that's alarming. 

We could have used about 30 of those alarms placed all over the house and attic to make sure we detected a water leak.... of course knowing our luck, then one would probably short out, start a fire, and set off a sprinkler head.  :pistols:

• Haha 1