Geezer gets his wish!

WWZed

JG5 IS HOSTING A MULTI SQUAD FLYING CIRCUS BATTLE.   It will be on Saturdays in September  there are mission objectives and advancements along the battle lines each week.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/53265-black-september-comes-to-flying-circus/

go fill out the poll there for preferences. I chose switching blue red sides each week, but the majority seem to be going for one side every week....

• Like 3

Looks like an interesting format.  Am tempted to give it a try.  I also like the alternating sides, but the community is not so balanced.  People tend to like to fly their squad affiliations.

Are members interested in participating?    Seems like it is a pretty open format.  

I ran into this mission on JG1's server.  They picked a really nice part of the map where the two opposing airfields are pretty close together but with a body of water between them.  Convoy targets on both sides and ship targets on either side of the peninsula.  Jed will be pleased that they kept the UV in the plane sets.  I think I will modify this to add the 1-16's "observers" to make sure everyone can fly and put it up on Thursday.

Il-2 2019-08-18 15-13-26-54.png

Il-2 2019-08-18 15-13-36-51.png

Il-2 2019-08-18 15-13-30-44.png

Looks like Butzell built the mission, set up as a bit of a trainer I think.  If you destroy a truck convoy it respawns a new one immediately.  I think he also made the vehicles very weak, because just a few rounds from DR1 blew them up.

i added two flights of AI on each side to make sure there were more bad guys around

this is a dogfight mission by the way, not a coop.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/25/2019 at 2:06 PM,  J5_Baeumer said:

Our server is up now and running a beta test prior to next weeks official test.  This is NOT exactly what you should expect but is similar to what Black September will be like.  We are all learning together here within the constraints we have.

Also, please register on the parser here:

http://162.248.94.112:8000/en/