Microstutttttetttterrrs?

WWBrinson

We're not the only ones experiencing it.  From the little bit of digging I did it seems the in game setting for vsync may be the culprit.  I'm gonna goof around with it tonight and see if I can smooth things out.  One post in there was about the Prokhorovka map not running as smoothly as others.  Apparently that map is super detailed.   Anyways.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/54334-in-game-vsync-causing-mega-stutters/

• Thanks 1

I don't use VR, and turn off V-sync in game, NVIDIA is set to 3D application. V-sync always hurt my performance.  I set my framerate target to 120, monitor supports 144 but if it allows 144 then you get large jumps from 144 -90 etc. So I set it to 120 and typically run 85-110 FPS, I should trying setting it to 100 FPS, idea being the less big jumps the better. 

Often my FPS are no indication of micro-stutters, FPS can be 95 and I still get stutters depending on the mission.

Offline, I did get a full pause/freeze for 1-2 seconds which never happened before. Kuban map, while dogfighting AI entering a g effect, "pause"........... resume fight, LOL 

big updates, I'll wait for the small patch/patches that typically follow. 

I don't use VR either, but I have to have V-Sync on otherwise I get screen tearing while using TiR.  Even with the sttutterrssss my frame rate is a steady 59 which is more than smooth enough for game play and my monitors refresh  rate is 60Hz.  To clarify somewhat the stutters only occur when looking around while in pit, it happens at random times not related that I can tell to large cities, spawning objects, multiple aircraft in the vicinity, etc.  So this leads me to believe that the likely culprit causing the issue is TiR.

Will need to do additional testing/tweaking to verify my assumptions.

Edited by WWCraven
Incomplete post, brain fart