Sign in to follow this  
WWCraven

P-51 Update

Doesn't matter what type of clothes you have on, shiny or camo, if you are well above the weeds.  I say this because depending on the weather conditions it's been my experience that all planes at a distance will have a "shine" to them if the sun hits you just right.

Now if you're down in the weeds and I'm above you I would agree that a camo or dull skin would make a difference, especially to me.  I find it challenging to pick up AC once they get in the weeds.

Half the time the only way I can spot AC up higher is if the sun glints off the AC or my view is zoomed way out, I despise having to fly zoomed out to spot AC!!

20 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

Can I be difficult and request gray and green cammo (RAF style) on the upper surfaces of my Mustang? After discovering how terribly those shiny P-38's stand out against the ground, I'll sacrifice the 2-3mph to become invisible down low.

I'm due for an updated graphic thing, and am playing with the phrase "Take my hand <<image>> Off to Never-Never Land" to match the SandMan name/theme. Only the Never-Never Land I'll lead you to is filled with head-stones. :) Working on the imagery. 

I can do that for you.  Send me your updated graphics when ready and I'll pop them on.  Duck if you prefer the same scheme let me know.

First 10 skins are zipped and ready for pickup in the file download section, enjoy.

The remaining 5 skins are waiting for artwork, captions and/or last minutes changes.  Other than Sandy, I have sent a PM to the others asking for input.

Shots of the skins in the pack.

2019_Griphos.jpg

2019_Chunk.jpg

2019_Frylock.jpg

• Like 1

I'm still working on mine... Will fly generic WW Red1 until I get the imagery I want figured out.