Skin test, mission audio test, dang AI crash too much...

Well this was a fun test. Added an mp3 to the mission, so the sound in the video is what's in the mission track. An old 2 track acoustic recording I made a few years back. Pretty cool for flying to music... I like to pop in some heavier music for dogfight practice. It's quirky when viewing the track, you can't adjust the recording or it will mess up the timing of the music which is a bummer. 

Manage to make my first skin. Dang alpha layer was a little tricky at first, smooth sailing now. 

Updated: 4.5 minute video and you can see (correction) 3 stupid AI go smashing into the ground, ones a bit hard to catch as it speeds into the ground in the background at about 1:04 in the video. Blackout fever I guess. 

So between 1:04 - 2:52, 3 AI in less than 2 minutes crash because I'm flying low... 

Pre-patch, AI crashing didn't happen so fast, and typically I'd just practice touch and goes while the bandits come in and not engage until they  started strafing the runway as I was landing/taking off without crashing. Fun seeing dirt kicked up next to the plane. 

Now that I can fly to a soundtrack... I'm going to make some simple Aerobatic SP missions and set the mp3 to trigger on an adjacent runway, might have to pop colored smoke and have some WW AI fly in formation for kicks :pistols:

It's a bird, it's a plane... it's a pilot who's lost his mind. 

Edited by WWDriftwood
3 ai crashed, not 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm setting up the mp3 music in an audio folder so the file names are music-1, 2, 3, etc. then a sub-folder with some favorite music. All I have to do is delete a audio track, copy what I want from the sub folder to the main folder; rename it, go fly. Only drawback is any previous flight records will play what's in the folder. You'd have to remember what you flew too for a track and replace the files before watching the track or not care. But for entertainment, drop in a song, rename, go fly. 

Volume is set for 30%, so volume has to be edited in ME, it ain't perfect, but it works. 

Concatenate your mp3 into one file, automatic playlist!

Select Command Prompt (Admin) to open the Command (dos) window

Change to the  folder that includes the MP3 files you need to merge in the Command Prompt. You can do that by entering cd in the Prompt followed by the folder path.

Enter this command in the Prompt: copy /b audio file1.mp3 + audio file2.mp3 audio file3.mp3. Of course, you’ll need to change the file names there to match your actual audio files.

Then press the Enter key. That will combine the two or more MP3s in the copy /b command into one new output file.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Zed, I was looking at this at https://windowsreport.com/combine-audio-files/

Might play with that but I like just picking a few songs and the order, that and triggering the songs separately or allowing them to overlap. 

But was going to experiment with combing and file size, performance benefits for just having song list I can choose from for any given length of time.  Currently I have a report link from the media mcu to deactivate it once the media stops for each file. Not sure how that works with the combined song list. More tests. 

Great info, thanks. 

Thanks, I have to experiment with the 10 variable bit rates ogg uses, quality verses actual file size and total file size that starts to affect performance regardless of mp3/ogg file type. Still experimenting and getting experience in terms of mission performance trade offs. 

and (assuming where this might be going....) take a good look at your list file for these missions....any "\" for media files have to change to "/" for MP.  Any time you open and save the mission you have to go back and edit the list file again.

And the media files have to be on the server to begin with.

Edited by WWSittingduck

1 hour ago, WWSittingduck said:

and (assuming where this might be going....) take a good look at your list file for these missions....any "\" for media files have to change to "/" for MP.  Any time you open and save the mission you have to go back and edit the list file again.

And the media files have to be on the server to begin with.

I couldn't imagine loading up a mp3/ogg music file or song list on a server. Would be cool if someone was into the Spit V and like doing some aerobatics together, I'd make a light MP mission with music. 

But for adding media triggers for ogg files of recording of our fellow pilots famous quotes to go off as needed. That might be fun, but those would be tiny ogg's. 

I have a lot of notes for the server and at some point if time permits for WW groups tests I should have some MP missions to try out. Then I'll work through the server SOP. Seems most if not all the problems are simple. Save the file to the main directories and upload or make sure you create any sub-folders on the server that are needed prior to upload. Anything to avoid manually editing the sds file or other files unless absolutely necessary as with media file paths \ in the list file. KISS for SOP - keep is simple stupid for standard operating procedures. 

For now there's no time for WW group tests so I'm focusing on the little stuff, SP missions, stuff I can apply later to MP.