Sign in to follow this  
WWCraven

Rudder Pedals

Got the first newsletter from Milan at MFG Simudza, has his new website/store up and running with a pretty decent sale going on until the end of November.  So if you might be in the market for a set of MFG Crosswind rudder pedals for approx $280.00 USD, now might be the time to pull the trigger.  He's also selling Warthog joystick extensions if that interests you at all.

I've had my Crosswinds since 2014 and couldn't be happier with them, one of the best pieces of flight kit I've ever purchased.  Milan's customer service is also very good, had a minor issue with the cat chewing one set of the connector cables and Milan was a joy to work with in resolving the issue to my full satisfaction.

I know Chunk and Mojo both have these pedals as well so it's not just me that has them.

Link to website here https://mfg-sim.com/en/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wish I could afford it, not yet, but at some point I want these pedals and get rid of the chpro ball buster hip shifter pedals. great sale. 

58 minutes ago, WWDriftwood said:

...chpro ball buster hip shifter pedals.

That is the best description I've ever seen of the CH Pedals!  I had mine for 13 years, so I feel your pain.  If you ever get an opportunity to buy these pedals though, get them.  It may actually be the best peripheral I have.

I just got my Thrustmaster TPR set in on Wednesday.  Really like the feel and accuracy of them.

WWSneaky

14 hours ago, WWChunk said:

That is the best description I've ever seen of the CH Pedals!  I had mine for 13 years, so I feel your pain.  If you ever get an opportunity to buy these pedals though, get them.  It may actually be the best peripheral I have.

Yea, there not exactly ergonomic. I think its that I have to watch how much pressure I put on them and you can completely relax and feel some kind of resistance. I never wear shoes so I have more feel. 

11 hours ago, WWSneaky said:

I just got my Thrustmaster TPR set in on Wednesday.  Really like the feel and accuracy of them.

WWSneaky

Now those I think are more realistic, I was looking at the TPR. Seems like it would be comfortable wearing shoes and you can put your heels on the floor more like a real plane. 

I'd think about these over the crosswinds, just to put my heels on the ground. 

More money. 

I need to got to a flight sim expo sometime to see if I can sit down and put my feet on the different pedals before buying anything. 

Down the road, new PC first... 😉 

I'm with Woody on this... While I'd like a Crosswind set, I'm going to need a new PC build first. My current machine is over eight years old. It's capable (i7-2600K, NVidia 1070, 16g RAM, SSD drives, etc.), no doubt, but is showing it's age. Last BIOS update was 2012 ... I love to "roll my own" but may need to buy one off the shelf. And I find myself in need of a laptop as well, and have been wanting a full-frame mirrorless camera, so I need to win the lottery, lol. Well, can only win if I play, so I may need to do that first.

I have a set of CH pedals that I actually modded a bit by adding springs since real rudder pedals need a lot more force to simulate reality. I haven't used them in at least 8 years. I'm open to passing them on to any WW that may want them. Just pay for shipping. Same for a CH joystick. Every so often I fantasize about getting back into simming but then reality sets in and I know, deep down, it isn't going to happen. Chronic kidney stones killing the real world flying and the ever looming threat of coming out of remission means I need to move on with the things I know just ain't gonna happen. It's kinda telling that the two guys who bought most of my equipment when I retired from the squad have both gone west.

Ok, holy shit, that came across WAYYYY more depressing than I meant. The TL;DR version is "I got some CH shit for sale if you want." By sale I mean "pay for shipping". By shit I mean a CH joystick and rudder pedals.

My Logitech G940 system is starting to burn out I think. I cant seam to find a system with all three elements to buy...…… It would appear that getting the parts separate would cost me out the yang...… If you guys have any info on new quality gear that will not send me to the poor house, let me know.   Thx

What's your max budget, NG?  There are a LOT of options out there right now, most of them are very good.

LOL..... that’s the problem..... The problem with the G940 is that all the components plug into the joystick. So I would have to get them all.... But if the petals in the OP are 280.00 I may have to get them in phases.

Edited by WWNavyGunner

Yeah, $300 for a whole setup is going to be hard unless you could find a package that has been used.  I look on SimHQ and AVSIM for people selling stuff every now and then, and I have seen for CH Products packages for around $300.  Hell, I got my MFG Crosswinds from LukeFF over on the IL-2 forums, as he was upgrading to a different set.  So I think piecemeal is probably going to be the way to go.

• Like 1

Is it Thrust Master that has the three piece set, T16000?, for right around that price range? There are several folks in the IL2 forum who have it and seem happy with the product.

• Like 1

I've had several of the TM16000M sticks.  Never the whole set.  The sensors on the stick are very good.  Very precise.  But I never did like the stick very much.  It's not ergonomic, and the side buttons were always sticky for me on both sticks.  Not all of them, but several on each stick. 

• Like 1