Sign in to follow this  
WWGeezer

WW1 Object Question

So was looking around the mission builder and at the objects.  I particularly noticed ships that are not identified as WW1 or WW2.  Trains there are only one kind.  Are factories, bridges and depots identicial as well?

I thought one of the issues with using Flying Circus was that without WW1 objects targets where too hardened or at least to strong as far as AAA or machine gun defenses.  It made bombing missions difficult until they had WW1 objects

Has anyone run bombing missions in FC with some success?

There are vehicles tanks and some buildings WW1 oriented  until we get into FC2 with Gotha and handley paiges full force buildings are near invulnerable unless you lower the damage demand or plant explosives under the building that are set off by a lucky strike....

baarrge that ends in gb = allied  baarrge that ends in ger = germany....the other two....don't think it makes a difference.

more info on baarrges and other objects here: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55730-questions-about-fc-vol-1/

from what i have seen, it is not so much the targets that is the problem, as the bombs.   Tried to bomb a baarrge with the same type of approach I would use in rof, with zero results.

thought maybe they could not be damaged, so put enemy aa on the river bank right next to the baarrges, and they can be destroyed.  Did notice the damage model is impressive...one baarrge had a huge hole in the middle of it...

yeah, seems like they need to right size the power of bombs for reasonable gameplay.  Could be now that they have modelled giant ww2 bombs they have right sized the ww1 bombs and they were a tad over gunned in the original ROF.  Some tune up required.