Windows 10 Purchase Online?

WWGeezer

Does that work well Chunk? I miss my throttle modes, would be awesome for IL2... was under the impression the software is outdated and no longer supported. DCS I had to set the hat as switches to multiply my buttons, no modes. Of course DCS is now on a storage drive collecting dust. 

But would be cool to have the modes for IL2... 

Driftwood; CH manager works great with win 10. You will notice that you can't change profiles when team speak is active. I just close it change up a profile then restart TS. It's been that way for quite a while now and has nothing to do with win10.

I use the prothrottle for movement in games such as Arma 3, Insurgency Sandstorm etc. and need the software scripts to do it, similar to the pic. 

Software works just as well as in win7.

1.jpg

Edited by Fawlty
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Fawlty said:

You will notice that you can't change profiles when team speak is active

this might work for you, it works for Saitek controllers.

my "loaded" profile is always called active.

if I want to have my FC profile, I invoke circus.cmd (with a shortcut) which does this:

xcopy /y "Flying Circus.pr0" C:\Users\Public\Documents\Logitech\X52\Active.pr0

I get a little lucky here, because the first line of the .pr0 file (which I guess is what you call a script file) has this in it:

[profile='Flying Circus' version=0x00000005    

so the LED display on my controller displays "flying circus", even thou the name of the .pr0 file is "active"

so while you might not be able to switch profiles when TS is active, you might be able to overwrite the script file that is loaded, effectively switching profiles.

would need a hotkey to get to that shortcut, or break down and get voice attack, and just say "profile"......

So when you say changing the profile, I assume you mean profile for a particular game which includes the modes selected by pressing the mini joystick on the throttle? 

So in game, you can press the mini joystick to change the mode/button set on the throttle. 

Ideally would be to use the manager for the throttle only so I can switch modes in game and triple my buttons on the throttle for IL2 which would make me keyboard free. 

Sounds like I need to tinker with this... 

Not sure about the modes DW, as I only use the CH throttle quad, but I don't see why it wouldn't work as my profile for the quad works exactly as built.

7 hours ago, Fawlty said:

Driftwood; CH manager works great with win 10. You will notice that you can't change profiles when team speak is active. I just close it change up a profile then restart TS. It's been that way for quite a while now and has nothing to do with win10.

If you type STORE into the file explores in the task bar and hit enter, it "ungrays" the buttons in CH Control Manager.  I have less than zero idea why this works, but I found that little nugget on the IL-2 forums, and it truly does work.

When I say changing profile, I was referring to changing maps. Not changing the profile within the map.

Since deactivating microsoft store in windows 10, I haven,t seen any of those buttons greyed out Chunk.

Don,t need no stinking store :)

Jg1,s forum has a sticky regarding CH controllers, it was the last post where I got the info regarding MS store. (8th fix)

https://forum.jg1.org/topic/5375-fix-ch-products-control-manager-after-windows-10-creator-update/

Why in the world would Windows Store cause ... wait, never mind. #facepalm

I'm going to try deactivating the store as well, see if it helps with some TM issues I was having. Thrustmaster is equally as finicky as CH when it comes to scripting, but when it works it's effing awesome.

42 minutes ago, WWChunk said:

Off to deactivate that damn store.  :wink:

Thanks Fawlty!

I figured I,d only need to do it once so forgot the procedure for deactavating it. I do remember it being different for win10 home or pro. I did both, two different computers.

Sandy, I guess you could say why in the world would team speak interfere with the ch manager map change but it does. It gets a little to complicated to figure out, I just use a work around after figuring out what was causing the problem.

Edited by Fawlty