Orbx releases Tacoma Narrows for P3D/XPlane

WWSandMan

I'm curious if your home happened to fall inside the circle of accurately depicted ground buildings. 

I told Meghan about this one one, and she was very less than impressed. Her interest in actual flight sim things is limited to "if it makes you smile, I'm good with it." 😏

2 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

I'm curious if your home happened to fall inside the circle of accurately depicted ground buildings. 

I told Meghan about this one one, and she was very less than impressed. Her interest in actual flight sim things is limited to "if it makes you smile, I'm good with it." 😏

First off, that is a GREAT answer from Meghan! :)

And yep, the house is in the coverage area.  Guess I'm going to have to by it and post screenshots now. :laughing:

So...the street is bang on accurate, as is the airport itself, but even with the autogen slider at max, my house doesn’t even appear as a standard 3D object. LOL!!!

Like I said though, the airport is extraordinarily well done, and it’s a worthy purchase. It’s the first P3D add-on I’ve purchased in months, and if it wasn’t in my backyard, I would’ve let it go. Waiting to see what MSFS2020 brings to the table...

• Like 1

I'm hoping flight simulator 2019 has Arizona on the map, always been a dream to fly a sim in my area... and recognize stuff... 

Recently I removed both XPlane and DCS from my dive so I won't be flying those for a while... ran out of room.. If XPlane gets to a better place I might squeeze it in and just load minimal areas. For now it's all IL2.. room for skins now.

I'll ask the IL2 Dev's the Grand Canyon... 🙂

I bought the Tacoma Narrows airport, but couldn't get a download link through Orbx central or whatever that app is called. I'll try again tonight. 

Too bad your house doesn't appear as even an autogen item. At least the road is correct. 

The same could be said about my hometown airfield, which is one of those freebie North American global Airport releases (KMKT). Airport looks good, but none of the surrounding area buildings, or even forested areas, are close to real life. One of those things that works well in a tubeliner from 37,000 feet, but not so much from GA flying at 7,000.