server

WWSittingduck

server board is an Asus Maximus VII.  everytime the server restarts, get a slew of messages of apps that were unable to start.  Gotta feeling they are refering to some of the asus support software.

If anyone has this board, or has had it in the past, would be interested to know if they found the Asus software usefull.  There is a setting to "throttle" the speed for games.  I am usually skeptical of such software, but if it actually does something, might be benifical.

also noticed this board supports m2.   seems to me a no brainer to take out the ssd drive and go m2.

ok, open up to some hi-tech opinions.

older architecture here, the m2 is a pci-e interface, 10gb/s, still has to be faster than a sata mechanical drive.

If I keep the os where it is, and put the game on an m2 drive, will there be much difference between that and moving the os and game to the m2.

I have no idea where this game stores it's temp files, either in RAM or virtual memory. 

SATA (II or III?) is 6gb/sec, so your pci-e M2 drive at 10gb/sec will be faster.  Suggest OS and game(s) installed on there if you have the space.  

I have an older Asus board, do not currently have the board auxiliary software installed. I had made some use of some of the apps in the past, mostly related to over-clocking via GUI. I tinker in the BIOS now instead of GUI apps that do the same thing.