Sign in to follow this  
WWChunk

Post editing

Hey Sandy,

Is there anyway to modify the edit settings when posting in a thread?  I have sausage fingers and misspell stuff sometimes, and since I'm a low level grammar nazi, combined with my OCD, I like to correct these grammatical errors.  If I edit a post immediately after posting, the edit line is added to the post.  Can a time limit for editing be added to where the edit language doesn't have to be added to the post if it is edited in that time frame?

Yes, I believe that's a setting somewhere. I thought I had it set so that only admins could see if a post has been edited (for reasons) and that the post won't show as edited if no replies have been made to it. In any case, I'll peek at the settings and maybe have you test it later.

• Thanks 1

Hm, edit visibility options have three levels now (not labeled as these in the control panel, but this is what they basically do): None, Some, All. Currently set to Some, as it allows Admins to have access to 'edited by' data, which has proved helpful in the past. All is far too noisy, None is, well... empty. 

• Thanks 1