Groups

Groups are great, but after a while, the list can become overwhelming.  Toss in groups for bos and groups for FC, and it gets worse.

Did not know this (obviously..) but another way of plunking a group down is File>import from file, which normally points to the "templates" folder.  If you use this method, now you can have subfolders and organize groups so you don't have to scroll thru everything in your "groups" list. The only difference I can see, is when you pick a group from "groups" (on the right), it places it where your cursor is when you click on the map, if you do it from "import from file" it uses the co-ordinates in the group, so you may have to find and move it.

Edited by WWSittingduck

Would it also require some duplication, say if you used similar groups for different mission types... or maybe a folder for General stuff (AA pits, or artillery positions, etc.) ... and if I'm being dumb, don't hesitate to say so. I think I've opened the mission editor twice since BOM came out.

I used to do it the file import way Duck but what I usually did was always make my groups in the same location so I knew where to look but I can't remember what happened if you were on a different map. The area I picked was near Verdun so I never made a mission in that area because importing would make a mess.

Did you have any luck using groups from ROF to FC? 

I import groups all the time, makes for easy mission setup, would have been impossible in Rule the Skies without.

i set my groups up in subdirectories

template /. Kuban

/ stalingrad

/ Moscow. / Aa

/airfields

/ trains/ allied

/axis

ETC    Very easy to organize and reuse

• Like 1