Postcard from the Edge

WWGeezer

Thought you would appreciate this, my buddy who is under lockdown at Travis Airforce Base after his Hawaiian cruise with his wife and twin sons

He snapped this shot to show what security looks like outside his window.  Guess they don’t want him to escape

2D35ABA1-C180-4EBD-AF48-BF4EAC41FB67.jpeg

They arent allowing solders living off base onto the base some places in the US any more. Another Y2K non event, or another Spanish Flu with 500,000 deaths world wide? You can bet that russian hackers active in shutting down parts of the internet, infected and killing media computers,  and some power grids in Ukraine in 2014, and Merke pharmicutial in the US have a hand in posting some mis-information causing panic. > 50-500 thousand un reported non-sympthomatic cases of infection in the US, etc. 

Can't find a roll of toilet paper or a box of kleenex anywhere in southern Minnesota. An entire truckload of Charmin disappeared from the floor of the local WalMart in less than two hours. I thought this was a respiratory ailment? 

Governor of Minnesota has closed all the schools for at least the next eight days. Governor of Wisconsin has issued an edict that will close all bars and restaurants at 9pm. I expect Minnesota to follow suit shortly. 

BOSTON (WHDH) - Gov. Charlie Baker ordered all restaurants and bar to stop on-site service for the next thee weeks on Sunday and said gatherings will be limited to 25 people or fewer to slow the spread of coronavirus in the state.

If you do take out, you can continue, if you don't do take out, you can start...but no seating allowed....

all schools are closed till mid april.

If someone is running short of toilet paper, or out of toilet paper, you could start eating these and spare the water. You'll probaby not see a log for 7 days. Definately a sinker when/if you do. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005Z74YEQ/?tag=gddeals19-20

INGREDIENTS: enriched bleached wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), palm shortening (palm oil), cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup, defatted soy flour (soy flour), corn starch, vitamins and minerals mix (dicalcium phosphate, magnesium oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, zinc oxide, reduced iron, copper gluconate, d-calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine HCl, riboflavin, vitamin A acetate, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, D-biotin, potassium iodide, vitamin D3, vitamin B12), natural and artificial flavors, calcium propionate (to extend freshness). CONTAINS: soybeans, wheat.

If after a week, and White Castle is still open, 4-5 sliders should get you cleaned out. Oh, and on the way home from W C, stop somewhere, and use their bathroom and with a screw driver and a few loud coughs to mask the noise from breaking the dispenser,  you could get a roll of TP for free.

• Haha 1

groan...

don't want to come off as the perpetual pessimist, but made a big mistake and browsed the news.  Taps could be very appropriate now.....

Have continued to work as normal, but am being as careful as I can.  Sanitize before I get out of the van, and sanitize the second I get back into the van.  Gloves on at all times (got really lucky, and ordered 2000 gloves online).  The bleach I have to have at work is on the FDA list of products that kills covid-19, and half a capful makes 3 gallons of solution at twice the recommended dilution (200ppm).  Got a ton of spray bottles with this stuff everywhere, and spray everything constantly.  But am tired of sneezing, or feeling tired, or "off" and end up sitting there wondering if I ran out of luck.  Am pretty sure I am going to  limit deliveries to just 3 retail accounts, and try and do them at 5am-ish.  I just dropped 5k on a new outdoor walk-in cooler, and as of now, it is built and finished, but doubt that I will hook it up. 

What I am really tired of is having to go the grocery stores for personal stuff.   Way too many people that seem to be going on in a "business as usual" manner.   I get nervous just getting gas.

I suppose there may be a bright side to all of this....we may end up flying 7 days a week...

My level of concern is high. My level of worry is not as high. I figure it's an easy math problem. I either get it and live. Or not. I can't let the worry run, ruin, what's left of my life. Be it days or years. 

Looking forward to spending more time flying. 

My concern and I would assume the police have been thinking about this. What happens in the next few weeks with so many people are out of work, no money, typically living paycheck to paycheck. People get desperate and I would expect crime will go up. 

My nephew and his new wife recently moved to Washington, new jobs, now out of work, brother had to mail them toilet paper, other nephew in Flagstaff out of work until further notice, 3rd nephew might soon be out of work half the people already laid off, his wife is a teacher, should be okay, For what I do and companies feeling a drop, hold off on paying invoices, holding off on work. Older brother can work from home, younger brother is still going to work, at an office with about 11 other people way to close together and should figure out how to work more from home or separate themselves or all be wearing masks which there not. Parents are 79/80, dad goes to dialysis 3 days a week, mom has medical problems, so there shelter in place has a big hole in it since my dad is exposed 12 hours a week in a room full of people with weak immune systems.  Not sure about all my aunts, uncles, cousins, and that's just my tiny little family in the world. 

So in about 3-4 weeks will see how people respond to this new and hopefully temporary norm. Not to be paranoid, but time to start conceal and carry again.

I thought these were good simple explanations that help.

Good news is "basic soap will kill any virus, just wash a good 30 sec, they say 20 sec so 30's better." It breaks up the layer of fat that holds the virus molecule together. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LKVUarhtvE

What happens to your body when you get coronavirus-  https://youtu.be/2bI5pQGXl2o

What Coronavirus Symptoms Look Like, Day By Day - https://youtu.be/OOJqHPfG7pA

I hope everyone stays healthy through this... this just sucks

• Thanks 1