Tuesday 3-24

WWCraven

Missions for Tuesday are a pair of Coops in the Kuban area.

Mission 1:

Gold Flight flying 110's tasked with taking parked enemy aircraft at their airfield

Blue Flight flying Bf 109 G2's tasked with providing cover for Gold to and from target area.

Red Flight flying FW 190 A5's and A3's will proceed ahead of Blue and Gold and take out AAA at the target airfield, secondary for Red is to take out any AAA sites as marked on the map.

White Flight (if required 1 pair) flying Bf 109 G2's will provide cover for Red flight.

Kuban 3.jpg

Mission 2:

Gold Flight flying Ju 88's tasked with taking parked enemy aircraft at their airfield

Blue Flight flying Bf 109 G2's tasked with providing cover for Gold to and from target area.

Red Flight flying FW 190 A5's and A3's will proceed ahead of Blue and Gold and take out AAA at the target airfield, secondary for Red is to take out any AAA sites as marked on the map.

White Flight (if required 1 pair) flying Bf 109 G2's will provide cover for Red flight.

Kuban 4.jpg

4 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

Sooo... How'd it go? Those off on leave still want to know the WW's did well. :)      

It was a fun night, but a difficult one at best, many restarts due to different reasons, and one huge pile up on the runway witch was funny until SOMEONE started shooting leading to a few deaths,

I won't mention Zed's name.

First run was good, Gold hit Target with effectiveness but being a little rusty, I pancaked on a staffing run and hitched a ride back with frylock, Second run only got 2 88s off the deck and destroyed the target but there were a lot of bandits in the area blue and red had there hands full while Gold hit Target, Frylock got jumped as did I, Griph jumped in as a Gunner on my 88 , frylock went down with geezer on way back, I made it back to base with my #2 engine failing while I was landing but put her down safe.

All in all a very interesting night.

• Like 1

I've had that happen to me from time to time in multi engine aircraft, For some reason they would unsink and one would throttle up and the other just sat there.

Sometimes if you throttle back as the game is loading, it may not take and you may still be throttled up regardless of where your throttle tab is.

For a while I had a habit of throttling up and back real fast as soon as I saw the cockpit.

For the most part it was a pretty good, solid evening, fair bit of action so not too bad I guess for my first set of coops.  I'll work on getting rid of a few things for the next set.

Here evidence of the fouls ups due to the poor spacing on the runway.

I call it the "Kuban Kluster".

Kuban Klutz's.jpg

• Haha 3