IL2 Update!

yep, thanks...

makes you feel a little guilty about complaining about all the little stuff you think is wrong with this game when you see all the little details they have paid attention to in the update changes....but goes without saying I will still bitch..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

yep, thanks...

makes you feel a little guilty about complaining about all the little stuff you think is wrong with this game when you see all the little details they have paid attention to in the update changes....but goes without saying I will still bitch..

I have no shame or guilt.  I will bitch like no other.

• Haha 1

That sucks.  I seem to be okay.. My VR is what's been messing with me as of late.  after some rando amnt of time it will just go black.  It's killing me.  Testing now.  I put up anthrax with your  WWI mission on it.  I retitled it though... duck, duck, 2aKall.

23 minutes ago, WWSittingduck said:

and wft is master.bank in audio folder...it is almost a gig in size......

That's for fmod https://www.fmod.com/ can't wait to check out the new sounds and damage. 

Can't wait to see how hard it is to shoot down or get shot down, sure to throw my random timer numbers off if it takes that much longer to take down a bandit. 

Big update, didn't backup anything... LOL, probably have an old backup. 

Edited by WWDriftwood

Hmmm....when I try to log in, it says no connection to authorization server.  Ideas?

EDIT: Wouldn't let me go offline either.  Told me there was an update, even though the launcher said up to date.

I quit it and started again and all is fine.  Weird.  All my settings seem fine. 

@Craven: my gamma is 1.  What's the advantage of having it less than that?

Edited by WWGriphos

39 minutes ago, WWGriphos said:

Hmmm....when I try to log in, it says no connection to authorization server.  Ideas?

EDIT: Wouldn't let me go offline either.  Told me there was an update, even though the launcher said up to date.

I quit it and started again and all is fine.  Weird.  All my settings seem fine. 

@Craven: my gamma is 1.  What's the advantage of having it less than that?

Griph, the lower the gamma ,the darker the game will look. Some say that the lower gamma helps with spotting. 

Also, none of my settings have changed with the update, which does make these game updates a head scratcher sometimes.

How is your new throttle coming along Griph. ?

@WWGriphos, exactly as Robby said, a tip I got from Brinson, lower the gamma to see if that makes spotting easier.  It does to a certain extent, it's not a perfect solution but it does seems to help me, somewhat.  Biggest drawback is that in certain types of sky/light conditions the cockpit is very dark making it hard to see the gauges.  Often I have to turn on the cockpit lights so I can see the gauges.

A couple of observations after a very non intensive or scientific testing.  When you get hammered by the train AAA chances are very good that you're going down very shortly thereafter!!  After 4 attempts to take out a train I haven't been successful nor have I made it home having to bail out 3 times and one death from a punch in the face.  So it seems we take damage and we now pay a bit more for the pleasure, seems more realistic to me at least.

As to the new sounds, they are better than before, and most hits you take you can hear.  Only few times I didn't hear the hits yet took significant damage was again from the train hitting me in the backside as I flew away.  Will need to do a lot more flying, testing and whining about being shot up before I can say with absolute certainty that I like the new sounds and DM, so far it's looking and feeling pretty darn good IMHO.

Screen below of damage taken in train attack, I've never had so much damage in one pass as this in all my previous efforts before the update....

AAA damage.jpg