DCS SERVER IS UP AND RUNNING

WWBrinson

As per recent discussion and observed interest in DCS, and in light of their 'free try' period, I went into the dungeon of Castle Anthrax and untied a few code monkeys with orders to fire up the servers.

The server (Castle Anthrax) is up and running.  The password is the same as what we use to login to the IL2 servers.

Enjoy.  If you'd rather I put a different map or would like it restarted, please let me know.  I'm off to go make sure the code monkeys were all tied back up.  I can't have those weird little bastards running amok in the Castle.

S!

• Like 3

Persian Gulf equals no go for the steam version I'm running. The idea of switching/ reinstalling to the ED version doesn't do it for me.

Unless you can do it without loosing all the tweeking I've done, mostly controllers but a few mods.

Yeah, can we switch the server over to the Caucasus map?  More people can join that way.  Most folks don't like the Persian Gulf map much anyway.  And the carriers work great on the Caucasus too.  That's the map we're using for F-18 training with carriers. 

Edited by WWGriphos

I’ll be flying the WWI event tonight and I’ll probably on sometime this afternoon and I’ll hop on the DCS server. Such a massive learning curve. The flying part is easy, it’s all the other shit that’s tough. 

I flew the MiG-19 around a bit today.  Dammit!!  I think they're going to get some more of my money!  I love those old jets, and it's definitely been worked on.  Cockpit, while still dark, is up to the level of detail of their other, better jets.  And it's just fun to fly.  I still can't figure out how to make the guns work.  I guess it's time to do the in-sim training for it. 

• Like 1

Brin... thanks for setting this up for us, could I ask for a couple of changes in the server options?

1.  Easy communications ON. 

2.  Allow player export

3. And for a short period. Labels on.

#1 allows us to get the comms to go to the right place until we get better.  Tx4 is the auto channel that will send comm to the right place but must be ticked on to work

#2 player export allows the server to send mission info to va programs like Viacomm so the experience is more realistic in the information available for target acquisition.

#3. I need labels because at the moment all the planes look like migs to me

comments from anyone else?  Good to go with whatever way it swings..