DCS SERVER IS UP AND RUNNING

WWBrinson

• 1 month later...

Oh Holy Crap we have a DCS server SWEET is this running Open Beta or Full Release version?

I'm off today gonna check it out ... :) Thanks B-Man....

Hmm not seeing the server what it the direct IP address for it?

Edited by WWScreamer

On 4/24/2020 at 3:59 PM, WWBrinson said:

As per recent discussion and observed interest in DCS, and in light of their 'free try' period, I went into the dungeon of Castle Anthrax and untied a few code monkeys with orders to fire up the servers.

The server (Castle Anthrax) is up and running.  The password is the same as what we use to login to the IL2 servers.

Enjoy.  If you'd rather I put a different map or would like it restarted, please let me know.  I'm off to go make sure the code monkeys were all tied back up.  I can't have those weird little bastards running amok in the Castle.

S!

What is the IP address for the server Not seeing it in the list???

• 3 months later...

If I wasn’t so damn busy trying to find that AAA placement last night, I would also have a screenshot of the idiot damage that I incurred during taxi. I went the wrong way on the taxiway and had to make a u-turn. Well, I goosed my throttle to get off the grass and back onto the taxiway; and I heard a thump and didn’t think anything else about it.  Lo and behold, when I took off and raised my gear, the alarm kept sounding and the handle stayed illuminated.  I switched to external view, and sure as heck, my right side main gear was stuck down.  In hindsight, I should’ve turned around and landed...

• Haha 1

Brin...bro...this server is a BLAST!!!  I flew way past my bedtime tonight, and one of the towns in Syria is a wreck because of it.  I'll have to look at the track sometime tomorrow, but it was a bloodbath.  Then, low on fuel and headed for home, some asshat in a MiG-29S decides he's gonna try to ruin my evening.  I jinked as best I could, then looked back to watch him peel off as an F-15C came up on the radio and told me he was in hot.  About 15 seconds later, the MiG got an AIM-120 right up his ass, and I landed safely a few minutes later.  FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!!  Thanks so friggin' much bro!!!

I'll have a better AAR once I get a chance to debrief the track.  If you have stats on the server, enjoy looking at them. :dance:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by WWChunk
  • Like 2

And to think some Generals in the Air Force who still need to step aside, wanted to end the A10's, because "we dont fly slow airplanes in the Air Force, F35 can do the job". The only thing that will replace an A10, is another upgraded A10 with a pilot that currently is too young to drive, but has 4000 hrs in a A10 thanks to a computer sim. 

• Like 3

I'm headed to do a family photo shoot (Meghan's daughter and family) else I'd jump on and try to fly. Can't believe how suck-ass I am in the A-10. Can barely get it started without poring over the manuals and have nearly zero time figuring how to operate the weapons. Every time I get started... real life intervenes. Grrr!

Really cool to see you've got a handle on the A-10, and Brin's server sounds like a cool place to practice up.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yea thanks Brin for hosting the server I have been flying on Anthrax with Chunk a few times off and on Damm it is a bitch to use Mav's in a modern city environment lol Frickin Buildings.. :)

Getting good and jincking those sam's too well most of them anyways.. It seems the CBU-97 do Very well in the Building areas ..hmm who would have thought lol.. 😉

Thanks again.. <S>