lol...very nice video Wood.

First,,,what are you complaining about?   I can not believe that rear gunner did not shred you in half of that video...

Think we might have to just get used to what the new DM brought us.  I have a very similar screenshot of an Il2 I meant to put up.  Holes everywhere, missing the left elevator, and just would not go down.

I do use the iron sights in these planes.  I have one key mapped to a view that has me looking right down the left gun sight.  As long as I hold it down, i am looking thru the sights.  It does help me "aim" better when these planes are bouncing around.

1250020071_d7fsights.thumb.jpg.1937838e25f61370368d356222a37a16.jpg

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

Think we might have to just get used to what the new DM brought us.  I have a very similar screenshot of an Il2 I meant to put up.  Holes everywhere, missing the left elevator, and just would not go down.

Well the good news is, I'm not used to WWI FC so nothing new, bad news, I'm not used to FC. Trying the gun sights not a bad idea, LOL, after loosing a couple kills due to gun jam, I'd have to let go of my controllers, reach over, key LALT+R, grab onto my joystick and reacquire... that dog don't hunt so I mapped that.. 

2 hours ago, WWZed said:

If Zeus is in rear gunner position the answer is.....you don’t.

Yea I could hear Zeus barking all the way on the other side of the map 😉 could have use his help... 

I shredded a couple last night and it took forever!  I shot the engine.  I shot the pilot and the gunner.  I had to basically saw the wings off to get them to go down.  Sheesh!

On the other hand, they seem to be able to damage my engine while firing from behind me in the first little salvo where only a few bullets punch through the skin on my outer wing.  Not sure how they manage that. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WWFawlty said:

I wonder if for some strange reason making them ace also made their DM almost invincible other than what you can see.

Now that would be stupid.

I wouldn't think so, I would think damage is damage which is based on the damage threshold, But then damage is different for each plane model depending on the damage model for that particular plane specs for any current adjustments they made to the overall plane damage modeling. Makes my head hurt. Too many unknowns. Wouldn't mind some better descriptions on what happens as you change the skill levels. Ability to see, accuracy, maneuverability, etc.  

Edited by WWDriftwood