VR and Glasses?

WWGeezer

So I was really pleased that the goggles fit over my glasses well.  I have never noticed any contact between my glasses and the lenses on the inside.  Was noticing some hazing at certain angles to the side.  When I looked close at the lense it looked like some light markings right in the center that won't wipe off.  I am concerned that the two lenses might be touching, just can't tell.  

I do have to crank the head piece on pretty tight, because I have a big noggin and once I add headphones I don't want stuff to fall off when I have to look over my head in a loop. I know there is button below that extends the length, will experiment with that.

Guessing glass to glass contact is bad....Zed any particular advice?

There is a plastic thin shield that goes on the lenses to protect lenses and glasses.  Available on amazon. Do search for Rift lens protector. Works great and replaceable

Hyperkin was the brand

Yeah, you want to be really careful.  Everyone I know who has an Oculus headset and tried to wear glasses with them wound up scratching the lens a lot.  And these are fresnell lenses, so scratching them ruins the 3D experience in that part of the lens.  Big no-no.  I just don't wear my glasses.  But a protector might work.  I wonder if it impacts the character of the lens architecture to have a clear film on the inside of the lens. 

so I bought the protector sheets and was pretty dissappointed with them.  the plastic overlaps the lens by a lot so they actually don't lay flat.  also much like a cell phone cover it has adhesive tabs that you pull off and three of the four left a residue on the outside ( not hurting the lense, but a mark you can see.

I found a different route that I think will work.

This person makes 3d printed snap on covers that can receive a perscription lens.  I don't intend to buy a lense, but the rim will hold my glasses back from touching the glass.  Using it to create an offset, not impact on the glass and can't see how my glasses would touch the lense with them on

https://www.etsy.com/listing/722134086/oculus-quest-rift-s-lens-protector?ref=related-1&frs=1

PS....regarding BOS, game is buggered for me right now.  I flew fine the first night the new version came out, after the patch not so good.  Was bizarre, could fly in quick mission but not multiplayer.  Once I did get in and graphics all wacky

A.  Did you buy the right ones for your headset (different size lens in Rift, Rift S etc

B.  Did you take the plastic protector sheet off “both” sides

C.  Is the right one on the right lens and left on left.

sorry, stupid questions but mine fit like a glove....

I just went back to check / recheck.  What happened last night was multiple times I couldn't join the multiplayer mission.  One time I got in and the image was all strange.  Other times I couldnt get in at all.  I remember one time I joined a quick mission and it looked fine.  Craven suggested I might have to restart my  computer with the patch.

I just went in now and joined both a quick mission ( no problem) and a multiplayer and basically no problem.  It is still a little strange while its loading but it worked.  

Maybe my issue last time was something different, cant think of a graphic card issue that would work in one setting and not in another.  Will have to keep monitoring it.

Griph tried flying without glasses and not awful but not great.  I think I will go without them for the next week.  The clip on 3d printed rims just shipped and the location was from San Francisco.  Seems like the best solution, will assure myself that I am not scratching the lenses with my glasses.  I like the googles and headphone clamped on pretty tight ( so they don't fall off in loops and stuff), so destined to screw it up.

I will say the VR is life changing. 

The 3D printed frames fit a specific frame type of online glasses, buy just the long prescription, cheap frames, no coatings online for about $12.  Pop lenses out of frames and into 3D printed frames and leave in headset....  no I haven’t done it yet, and I even even have a 3D printer...

• 3 weeks later...

So this is what I got for my Rift-S prescription glasses I LOVE them Best $99 purchase I made in a long time

I did research and this is the Best reviews and opinions I got from the community on what to get...

it is so much better then wearing my glasses no fogging or irritation this is the Web Link took about 14 days from order to Receiving them..

https://widmovr.com/

Edited by WWScreamer

I find that I see just fine without any glasses.  My old eyes really only see clearly at one focal length, so I need prescription reading glasses for reading, and things blurry-ish out beyond 3 ft or so.  But, with the Rift S, I just seem to see things fine.  Maybe because they are so close to my eyes, and because my eyes think they are looking deeper, or because they are fresnel lens.  I don't know.  And I've never tried to wear my glasses to compare, since I don't want to scratch those lenses. 

Still, I can't really read without my reading glasses, and yet things seem clear to me in the headset. 

Screamer, I need these.....I can't see things as well without glasses and the film covers are not great for me.  It looks so good I am ignoring it, but like the idea of custom lenses

Right now I have progressive lenses, so navigating how to apply the  perscription is tricky

Just do like I did Geezer go to the web site in my post above and fill out the prescription info if it a special type it will email them and within 3 days you get a reply from them turned out mine was not as Special as I thought

So just filled out the info as they stated in the email and 14 days later and $99 I was a Happy Camper Lovin my inserts... :)

There is an alternative, but in my opinion, highly unsatisfying

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VK7JVJZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They fit the lenses, but don't stick on them well and the "removable" tab left a sticky residue on the surface which is visible inside.  I am living with them because my glasses were definitely scratching the lenses.

Zed had better luck with them than I did.