Sign in to follow this  
WWBrinson

For the love of the collective...

Posted (edited)

Ever since 2008 when the original Blackshark I've searched for a reasonably priced collective with zero luck.  I think in one thread at DCS, I've stumbled across 2.... I've sent PM's.  For anyone else interested:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270254

and 

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/k-51-released-low-cost-collective

Edited by WWBrinson
speeling
  • Like 1

That second one (not the K-51) looks darned good.  It's hard to justify getting a collective, though.  The throttle works fine for me (I reverse the curve so it works as it should in a chopper). 

• Like 1

The reversed curve throttle on the Warthog works, but if I flew choppers a ton, I’d definitely want one of the these. Very cool. 

• Like 1

I agree with Griph and Chunk on reversing the throttle axis on the Warthog for helo use. I'd already done that just messing around in the Huey (which I'm really liking, though only have about an hour of time in.) If I flew helos a lot, I'd be tempted to get a good collective. 

An ad on the side of the page pointed to this... I'm intrigued with this setup (far too spendy at about $1500), but could be useful if it had a moveable or replaceable throttle base over the collective arm. Then could be useful for WW1 - VN era combat flying (anything with center-stick position). I'd want to use my own Warthog stick/throttles and my (hoped for eventually) Crosswind pedals. So I'd want the frame, stick extension and collective. Hmmm... 

spacer.png

• Like 1

yeah... I have yet to hear back on either email.  I like that setup Sandy, but I need something that I can break down and stow quickly.

• Like 1