REPLIKA throttle assemblies

• 6 months later...

So I contacted this guy to ask about the replacement pedals for the MFG Crosswinds, as I wanted to try the combat pedals out, and compare them to the Bf-109 style pedals I have now. I paid 50 bucks for manufacture/shipping costs and he said he’ll send updates as he makes them. The initial set arrived a few days ago, and I like them so far. It’s nice to have options for the Crosswinds other than just the one kind of pedal. 

Pay no attention to my lack of cable management. 

2A47C87C-9A44-487D-88F3-3A3371CFC684.jpeg

I thought I was the only one who uses screws to anchor my stuff... My "desk" or cockpit or whatever you call it is an old garage sale thing I picked up for $25. I got tired of my joystick sliding all over the surface, especially when we started practice for Icy's memorial service. So I ran some screws through the base ( has pre-drilled holes) straight into the desktop  where I wanted the stick to remain. Been working great ever since. And if I ever need to move and/or get a new desk, I'll burn this one and start over, lol. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, WWDubya said:

Your wife LETS you drill holes in the hardwood!? Or was that more an "ask for forgiveness," executive decision?

Pretty sure Heidi doesn't know I drilled holes into the floor, but luckily for me, I'm pretty handy with the wood filler!

3 minutes ago, WWCephas said:

When they release a BF 109 Replika I think I might have to build a dedicated cockpit.

🤩

I swapped the standard 109 style pedals for the combat pedals, Pete.

MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Interesting question. One of equal import: If I buy a set of Crosswinds, will I see them this year (2021)? The little doodads I ordered for the WartHog (that I still haven't installed, but they're right beside it!) took longer to get from Chicago to my home than from England to Chicago... 

I think they would get here in time. Though just those pedals alone took two months to get here. I bought the rudder second-hand from LukeFF on the official forums, pre-COVID. 

I think we’ll see these shipping delays for awhile unfortunately. Lots of folks ordering pedals from MFG and Slaw, as well as joysticks and throttles from Virpil and VKB. I’ve seen a lot of complaints on various forums about shipping times from all those places. 

Well at least the Crosswinds will be shipped out of Croatia not China so they shouldn't take to long to get here if Milan has some in stock, if not who knows how long it could be.  Milan has always been very good in his customer response/relations that's a huge plus!!

• Like 1

I bought the Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant.  I was on their mailing list, and they had a few extra from the 5th and final run and I snagged one.  It's shipping from Hong Kong.  Will take a couple of weeks.  But that's not bad. 

Speaking of snagging things, I have been thinking about getting the PS5 so I can give my son my PS4 Pro.  He plays on console way more than I do.  But, of course, there haven't been any for sale after release day.  I forgot I'd set up an internet bot to search for them because it never found any week after week.  I was sitting on my computer doing some work the other day and a notice chimed that Sony was going to start a short-term queue for a limited number of consoles and asked if I wanted to join it.  I did.  A half hour or so later, I was let into the store and grabbed one.  About five minutes later, they were all gone. 

The world is a vastly different place than when I was young....

griph, on the Honycomb throttle, do you use it on other sims?  All the lit up and labelled buttons etc?   It looks like a really cool set up if I get tired of my two Saytek Quads someday, just wonder how configurable it is to use in Il2 or FC

Yeah, it's for MSFS.  I have a CH throttle quadrant I've had for over a decade.  It was always the poorest CH product I've owned.  The sticks are decent, and the rudder pedals are bomb proof and lasted more than a decade for me.  I never liked the Pro throttle but didn't have it long.  But the Throttle quadrant has terrible pots, and some of the levers lost all resistance pretty early on.  Still, I never found anything I wanted to replace it with.  The Bravo looks like very good quality, and I really like the included trim wheel and flaps and gear levers.  It seems to have as many buttons as my CH.  So, I'm looking foward to trying it out.  I'll continue to use the Warthog as the main throttle, and I'll use the some of the new levers on the Bravo for radiators and mixture and prop or cowl flaps in IL2 like I've been doing with the CH.  I'll let you know how it works. 

Posted (edited)

It’d be configurable for any sim Geezer. For instance, I use my Warthog for DCS, IL-2/FC, CloD, and P3D back when I still had it installed. It’ll function just like any other USB controller. 

Edited by WWChunk

Remember though, you are limited to 8 Direct X axis, no matter how many devices you have attached either as USB or game port.  That's why the slew switch on the cougar (left hand thumb hat, normally mapped to mouse x and y) became the odd switch out, as it was mapped as axis 9 and 10.  You have to disable another axis if you want to use more than what the Warthog and rudder pedals have. So the rudder pedals use 3 Direct X axis, the joystick uses 2, leaving 3 for the throttle (thr L, thr R, and Friction).  Not sure if future iterations of Direct X will allow for more axis at this point.

I don't seem to have that problem.  I have the Warthog throttle, a VKB MCG stick, a VKB rudder and my CH Throttle quadrant all connected and all axes on all of them working.  All of them have a lot of axes.