REPLIKA throttle assemblies

WWChunk

Hey Griph,

Yeppir I really like my MFG ( V. 2 ) pedals. They are very precise and have enough resistance to sort of feel real life like but as we have said, nothing

in any of this come close to real life.  I was going to get the VKB pedals, but Milan had a holiday sale and these cost just about what the vkb pedals would have cost with shipping.

He now has the version 3 of the MFG pedals that have some nice mods to them including extra mounting holes to attach a hydraulic damper to them.  They are expensive but I believe will be your last set of pedals you will ever need to purchase.

Crosswind pedals

Also, I had emailed Milan and asked if he was going to have any retrofit kits for the V1 and  V2 pedal dampers. He said he is just awaiting the dampers he had ordered so it should be very soon if you want to buy this from him.

Edited by WWSoarfeat
edit
  • Thanks 1

As Robby said they are an impressive set of pedals, I've had mine since 2014 and have had no issues with them, well clarification, one small issue.  My old cat liked wires so he bit into the Y axis cable causing it to short.  Took a bit of head scratching to figure that one out.

All this was before Milan had his online shop setup so it was a simple email to him explaining the situation and he promptly sent me two replacement cables.  No charge either, I actually argued with him to let me pay for them as it was my fault they got damaged.

If you can a set of Crosswinds, either second hand or new, I'd still recommend trying out the damper, after a good day of putting them through their paces I really like them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm trying the combat pedals again.  Where'd you get the damper from, Craven?  Was it the REPLIKA site, or somewhere else?

Nevermind...I found it, Google is my friend.  😉 

Edited by WWChunk

Hmmmm,

Just thinking, we now have hydraulic  rudder system. We will actually have to start a real preflight with our "sim " and check for

any fluid leaks !!!! OMG !!!! We will most likely now have to learn to service these because all hydraulics will wear out sooner or later

requiring o-ring replacement and fluid replacement.  I am going to install a low fluid light on mine and low pressure warning light.

What have we done !!!!!  

😱

• Haha 3

Somehow missed this thread. Those Replikas are sweet looking and probably a good thing I didn't see it because WANT NOW.

Chunk, sweet pedals man!

Griph, let me know how you like the Honeycomb throttle. I'm waiting on mine to come at the end of April.

I like it really well.  I'll keep it.  Like I said, I'm not crazy about how the switches work relative to different sims.  In MSFS, the switch has to be in the right condition for things in the sim to work.  They are default mapped for things like lights and avionics.  There's some tweaking you have to do in MSFS settings for the autopilot switches to work. 

In DCS, they work like a button rather than a toggle, so flipping one of them up will turn on something you map, like the flashlight for instance.  But you have to flip it down and then back up again to turn it off. 

But the gear handle and flaps handle are sweet.  I really like using them.  Feels much more realistic.  And the levers have good throw and tension and the tension is adjustable.  I've got mine set to the lightest and they feel good. 

The trim wheel is nice.  It's not an axis.  It just keeps sending button presses as you turn it.  But it seems to work well. 

Just got an email from Milan ( MFG Crosswind ) saying he is going to be releasing his own combat pedals soon  and he

may include the pedals that Replika sells if he thinks they are durable enough.

Wish graphic cards were as available as this stuff is !!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WWCraven said:

Robby, how are you liking the damper setup?  I saw you had a pic posted at the other place, looks good but I still think you should go the Chunk route and just anchor those puppies directly into the hardwood floor😄

Hey Craven !!!

Me likey a lot !!! 

I have the damper that Milan sent at about 18 clicks going on the heavy side and loosened the tensioner spring a bit and this removes the feel of the center detent. Is it going to make me a better combat pilot--- doubt if anything will help me with that but it does start to feel a bit more realistic and does give me better control of the planes ground handling and over correcting sometimes in flight. 

I just have mind mounted on a spare piece of wood that was long enough to give side to side stability when cranking these things over. 

It's nice to invest in something that gives back good positive returns !!!! These sure do that !!!!

• Like 3

That's weird.  When I google and follow the link, I get the same SSL error.  I haven't gotten this for any site before that I recall.

The universe doesn't want me to spend more money on sim filght gear!  Lol. 

Or maybe Lisa is much more saavy about the internet than I had thought....

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

I added the damper, and made sure I left the bolts that connect the damper to the rudder pedals a little loose, but even with the damper on the lowest setting possible, I had to crank up my spring tension to get them to return to center. Any ideas?