Reka Lama Blitz 1941-43 and Tanks

Time to make a new mission but wanted to know how the tank fields are working out for tank drivers?

Also, should I go ahead and make sure the tanks for each side only have Allied only / Axis Only tank options? I have all the tanks for boths sides to try and maintain the fun factor for players choice but it seems to cause some confusion from above. 

Any suggestions for Tanks...

• Tank field locations
  • Do you like spawning near an AI tank platoon?
  • Max distance to objectives for tank drivers?

Tanks for your feedback... :pistols:

Question 1 

is it possible to make an enemy tank base capturable? I know another server has it, it has a flag pole in its center you have to sit by for about a minute before it’s taken, of course you have to destroy all the defenses first. Then it becomes your new tank spawn. 
question 2

For the tanks it needs more ground targets, Zed and I ran tigers across the river to the factory and it took about an half hour to get there, couldn’t damage the factory but I did manage to destroy a train. Then got chased into the trees by Sandy lol dropping bombs on me!

More defensive things would be nice like static tanks protecting something like a town or train station that could be destroyed by ground forces kinda thing, but nothing too crazy! 
Other then that love the map all around.

i think the distance from the tank spawn on our side of the river to the enemy factory should be the limit of driving for tanks, holy crap that was a long drive.

Question 1 - is it possible to make an enemy tank base capturable? I know another server has it, it has a flag pole in its center you have to sit by for about a minute before it’s taken, of course you have to destroy all the defenses first. Then it becomes your new tank spawn.

Yes, just need setup some objectives or make it part of the current objectives. Once completed the tank base is neutralized or changes sides.. I'd have to look at the flag option, sounds like capture the flag, but the answer's yes. 

Question 2 - For the tanks it needs more ground targets, Zed and I ran tigers across the river to the factory and it took about an half hour to get there, couldn’t damage the factory but I did manage to destroy a train. Then got chased into the trees by Sandy lol dropping bombs on me!

Okay, should have been able to damage/destroys some factory buildings, damage threshold was set low on some and others you just needed to damage to count towards your factory objective.

Idea was each side could spawn in fairly close to the factory and star hammering at the buildings. Potential trains pass by, an enemy tank platoon which has a tank base near the platoon, then the tank base for each side near the lake everyone one keeps calling a river, LOL.. 

Did you spawn from the closest base on the other side of the lake? Or from a tank base further inland? 

I'd like to figure out the factory damage for tanks, tanks shooting at buildings in general. 

More defensive things would be nice like static tanks protecting something like a town or train station that could be destroyed by ground forces kinda thing, but nothing too crazy! 
Other then that love the map all around.

Can add additional stationary ground targets for tanks... need to add some random spawning so it changes mission to mission. 

i think the distance from the tank spawn on our side of the river to the enemy factory should be the limit of driving for tanks, holy crap that was a long drive.

I'll measure the distance, then we can figure out some min/max distances for general placement. That's why I placed the one tank base behind enemy lines close to objectives. And there are the 2 tank bases for the territory so each side could hop in tanks defend against human enemy tanks. Not sure you guy ever did that, all without having to drive too far unless you want too.

More tinkering with tanks... 

We started at the closest tank base on our side of the “ lake”. Lol. Closest to the land bridge, Was able to destroy the sub with the Tiger, that was nice. As far as the factory , I put around 8 rounds into the side of one of the buildings before spotting the train and changed target. 

On another mission on that map we destroyed, I think 2 kv1s from the air then I switched to the enemy side of the lake tank base and hunted down the remaining enemy tanks destroying 4 more kv1s.

I would think maybe having something the tanks can go after at half the distance from tank base to factory as described above. Maybe a tank base that can be “ takin” on the other side then spawn from there as opposed to have a tank base all ready over there. I get the idea though it would make it more of an objective.

No we never went toe 2 toe in the tanks, not enuf tankers for that I would guess.

15 hours ago, WWDriftwood said:

Time to make a new mission but wanted to know how the tank fields are working out for tank drivers?

Also, should I go ahead and make sure the tanks for each side only have Allied only / Axis Only tank options? I have all the tanks for boths sides to try and maintain the fun factor for players choice but it seems to cause some confusion from above. 

Any suggestions for Tanks...

• Tank field locations
  • Do you like spawning near an AI tank platoon?
  • Max distance to objectives for tank drivers?

Tanks for your feedback... :pistols:

I've only taken the tanks out once on this map...

...and it was to head back to my side and fight the other enemy tanks there....I spent all my time driving just to be engaged by the boats when I attempted to cross the river bridge...LOL

I like that idea about risking yourself by crossing the bridge...but I didnt like driving for 45 minutes just to be engaged trying to cross the bridge.

So maybe tank bases located closer to the bridge? At least the German one (like by at least HALF the distance)?? Perhaps in 0718.1 for example. (about same distance away as russian one is)

and yes, PLEASE remove the allied tanks from german bases and visa-versa. Have all tanks available still...just only at their appropriate bases.

...oh, and I never got shot at ( that I know of) where I spawned....it was not until half hour layer, when I hit the railroad tracks just south of the bridge did I start taking fire from some unknown contact. but I just kept rolling thru the forest and disengaged from them.. (at least they stopped firing)

All-in-all ...it was quite fun....

Below are the current tank base locations, I layered the maps of what each side sees so they don't line up great, works for a reference. 

Original map only had the 2 tank bases intended to pop into enemy territory only and start working on objectives. Never thought anyone would drive from enemy territory back to your friendly territory in search of 1 or 2 human tanks... 

Objectives test - I'd like to have you guys drive into the middle of the factory with all the buildings, then start hammering away at the buildings. "Maybe I should set a couple tanks with unlimited ammo so you can go hog wild!" and see what it takes to destroy the buildings? 

New bases added allow more options, but same principal, "you take a tank from the location closest to your desired destination." I added the 2 bases near the bridge to test out shooting at ships/subs, or cross the bridge if you like. Notice the friendly tank bases in friendly territory near the friendly tank platoon. So you could spawn near friendly AI tanks. 

Distances: 

Just need to get an idea of max distances point A start to B objective... 

Tank Objectives:

I'll look at the tank base takeover. Maybe setup a standard so all tank bases can be taken over by other tanks. 

Objects to shoot at? I'm not sure the best vehicles or objects for tanks to shoot at that won't destroy tanks but just hurt them a little. 

Ammo?

I have no idea how much stuff you can kill along your route? How much crap can you destroy in one tank sortie? 

3 tanks, 2 buildings, 4 AAA, etc., etc.... Just some simple examples so I can get an idea of how much hell to put you through as you try to get to an objective. :pistols:

tank-bases-RekaLama.thumb.jpg.5e416f5d90e613e32c8df736e558d9e3.jpg

I’ve got time today to test as of 4 :00 my time , that’s right now. If you want to put up server for testing, up to you at this point. Got nothing else to do for the next couple hours. Let me know, I’ll jump on ts if needed.