Sign in to follow this  
WWBrian

Entente skins directory issues?

Posted (edited)

S! Monte,

I was able to upload 7 seperate skins to the Central Powers Axis directory, but nothing is showing up for the Entente skins I uploaded??

The process happens just fine, no errors or other signs of mayhem, but when I go back to view them, they are not there.

I just re-uploaded my Brisfits again, and same thing... only 6 files showing....nothing showing in recent uploads, nothing showing in the directory....just nada'...

Did I break it?

Edited by WWBrian

Posted (edited)

What is the pathway?  mine is 1C Game Studios, IL2 BoS, data, graphics, skins and the AC folder of plane type.

Edited by WWGreyWolfe

I did a check my sim and  I can find the Bristol,  check your pathway. I did the same thing on the Dr1 skin of yours and thought I could not see the skin.

S! Wolf,

I'm having issues with the forum, not my game.

...but thanks for the assist.

I'll peek, but likely later. Headed to the lake. Appreciate the nudge on the issue. 

On 6/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, WWSandMan said:

I'll peek, but likely later. Headed to the lake. Appreciate the nudge on the issue. 

I just tried uploading my SE5a to just the HOME>DOWNLOADS>PAINT SHED>FLYING CIRCUS directory, and again, same thing, the upload goes fine, no error messages.

I go back to look, i see nothing in files section of main forum page, nothing in that directory ( other than add first file) and nothing in recently uploaded....nada'....

Trying to get these out for flying today..... Id be happy to look around myself if you want to give me Dub's keys to the shed.

@WWBrian 

Try the following procedure, it's not a direct FTP transfer to get the files to appear in the forum. You may be able to directly link the files you've already uploaded, not sure of that yet.

At the top of the this page, tap "Create" -> "File Download" -> Scroll down to "Paint Shed -Flying Circus-Entente" and follow the instructions. A new topic indicating you've uploaded a file will appear in the Entente or Central areas (I'll update all the Great Battles sub-areas to do the same)

@WWSandMan 

First time didnt work, second time I actually typed something in description ( i did before on my German) and it worked....

Yeah, it requires a description.... "Something here because "required" " tells us nothing about the file, lol.

Making a post submission as well...Nice! Thank you sir!! S!

• Like 1

The lack of a description may have been why your initial uploads didn't appear. I just tried uplaoding a test zip via the "Downloads" menus (another way of getting to the files instead of through "Create" ) and had the file appear. Multiple ways of getting your file posted, but the forum is rather finicky about ensuring all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. Or eyes crossed and tits out, or something like that.

Posted (edited)

..rgr...just FYI - i did no descriptions on any of my German planes - and it worked.

Edited by WWBrian
  • Like 1

...so the directory is not flooded with all my previous attempts? Thats good to know.

• Like 1