Hey all.....I'm thinking about taking advantage of the summer sale so that I can fly again in the near future.   What do you recommend as must haves?   I have never gotten any of  the GB items, I have only flow CloD when I have time now and then.  

Hey Gangster! I’d get everything that’s on sale, sans Tank Crew (Unless you plan on driving tanks at all). Save up for Normandy as there are quite a few planes that we fly from that set as well. 

• Like 1

Yup, all the eastern front maps (Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban, etc., and BodenPlatte) plus any or all of the collector airplanes. If you buy the premium map packages you get most of the planes, but those collector planes are extra. Might be a big chunk at once, but we do fly on all the maps. 

4 hours ago, WWGangster said:

Hey all.....I'm thinking about taking advantage of the summer sale so that I can fly again in the near future.   What do you recommend as must haves?   I have never gotten any of  the GB items, I have only flow CloD when I have time now and then.  

You MUST buy BO Stalingrad first -- everything else is an add-on (DLC) to that.

After, I'd go I went - BO Kuban, BO Boden, then BO Moscow...

... then Flying Circus (WW1) and Tank Crew (Tanks) are entirely optional but also "plug into" IL2 BO Stalingrad. 

Edited by WWBrian

You can fly any map in multiplayer without having to own it.  But, for singleplayer, I think Kuban is the nicest map.  Just beautiful.  Satlingrad is fairly plain, which is true in real life.  Moscow isn't a lot better.  But you may want to choose based on plane sets included.  Still, most sets contain some variant of the 109 and 190 and we fly those the most, along with Flying Circus.