Duck...share your mission?

WWGeezer

I am falling behind in helping Fawlty out on WW1 mission building.  I did not fly the night you put a WW2 mission up for the Kuban map to the north.  Can you point me towards that mission?  I want to convert it into a WW1 mission for one of these Sundays.

hmmm...probably not...

have them set up, but think i need to set some things up...

have a zillion questions, but only 2 are important.

it came with a video adapter...if my card has a big port should I use it, or is the little port better for some reason.

how do I shut if off...seems like when I take if off,,it will shut down, but then i look at it, and it is on again..

If you can plug it into a DP port without the DP->mDP adapter, that's best. 

It shuts off automatically, and turns on again when you pick it up.  Or if the sensor inside is blocked (making it think it's on your head).  I used to put a wadded up bandana in mine to keep dust off the lens, and then stopped for that reason.  That's why Lisa made me the nice cover to go over it. 

The support pages on their site are actually pretty helpful (for a change):

https://support.oculus.com/1225089714318112/

Edited by WWGriphos

thanks!

would like to grab either you or Geezer for a bit some nite...you know..so maybe you can tell me all the things you SHOULD HAVE told me but didnt...like htf to center...

shut down the computer 3 times cause i was in the hanger in vr, but thats it...no menu.  Had no idea the friggin thing was behind me knee level

but in the mean time,,,if I am in one of the setup apps, or demo apps...and want to get out....how do i do that???  Other than raising the googles and closing the window on the pc.

🙂

Yeah, it took me a while to figure that one out.  Each game has it's own recenter VR button you'll have to assign. 

I find that in BoX, I need to have the headset on, or at least pointing at the screen when I start it up, or I'll be looking off somewhere in the hangar and can't see the menus, unless I crank my head around at some odd angle.  But, if I forget, then I just hit the VR recenter button (it's on my joystick) and all is good.  I use the same button for every application so I'll remember where it is.  I use the same button for TrackIR.

In BoX, set the button or key in the "Pilot Head Controls" menu listed as "Default VR view."

When in the apps, use your controllers to point at things and click.  You can even show your desktop in VR and point at things and open and close them that way.

Just experiment around.  You won't break anything!  🙂  And the bow and arrow and little ray gun in the "home" space is kinda fun to play with. 

I'm happy to get on with you some evening, but we're probably leaving Sunday until around the 18th.  Let me know when you're not busy.  You have my email.