HEIC...or why I want to punch Apple in the nads

rant on

Since I’ve been working up here, I’ve come to appreciate the natural beauty of the PNW. It’s utterly incredible. Anyhoo, I’ve managed to pull off the road at times and take some pretty decent photos with the iPhone X, and make them look even better with Photoshop Xpress. So I was going to upload some photos of the Olympic Range, but noooooooooo, earlier this year, Apple decided to save the camera photos as HEIC files. I’m sure it makes for a clearer photo, but now the process of conversion is a time suck AND the degradation from HEIC to JPG is depressingly bad. Fuck off Apple.

rant off

Edited by WWChunk
  • Like 1

Won't save any time, but can you save to bmp (which isn't compressed but you get better quality than jpg)? Then port over to Photoshop, edit to your heart's desire, and save however you please.

• Like 1

Update: Apple has a JPEG converter built into iOS 11 photo transferring as well. If you go to Settings and then Photos, make sure the “Transfer to Mac or PC” option is set to Automatic. This should make your iPhone photos transfer to your computer in a compatible format (e.g. JPEG).

• Like 1

There’sa documentary on Apple on prime or Netflix that shows what they’re doing in China building there phones, if you don’t like apple now you will want to blow them up after watching this. There aware of the policies and actions of there “ workers” but as long as there product is made on time and for as little as possible there just fine with the enslavement of those who make there product!