FC Sunday 7/26 @ 1800 PST (rerun)

Mission up for this Sunday, flying Entente/Allied

A couple of key points in the briefing

-Complete objective as marked on the map. Secondary objectives will be issued on the map (this is once the objective has been completed)

-form up with Bristols from No. 48 Squadron, approaching our base at 1900m

-Follow 48 squad for a high altitude  bombing of the chemical factory

(If like me your not familiar with high altitude bombing stay in close formation and take your cue from 42 squad leaders drop.)

Thought I'd try to add objectives only after completion of the previous one that way we can all work in the same vicinity. 

This will I hope work if not I have added some fail safes to activate the next round of objectives. (No firing off flares at home base Duck 😉)

Slots are available for opfor (German) forces

2.thumb.jpg.0de7108774b528ff939d95409d9222c7.jpg

Edit; had roles reversed, which is now corrected for flight night not the above image (Anyone catch it?)

Edited by WWFawlty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

@WWBrian (or anyone else who wants it) several of my tracks from tonight, zipped. Sandy's Tracks zip download ~ 500mb

Thanks Monte, you're probably sending these due to hearing me ask for Driftwood's tracks tonight, but.....

...and before anyone else thinks I am now a "track collector" (lol) just go ahead and hang on to them....UNLESS

You have something specific you would like me to showcase in the comics ( perhaps a great shot, a funny moment, a squad mate who saved your ass, that sort of thing

THEN, if you do...send me JUST that single track....(renamed) with a timestamp of when during the track when the event happened....

DO NOT send me your whole track file sub folder!! I have neither the time (or the inkling) to search through two-plus hours of flying per pilot just to SEE if there is anything noteworthy or interesting....

Thanks for your understanding :)

P.S. I asked driftwood because of a specific event that happened over our field and when I re-planed I didn't turn my cam back on.

Edited by WWBrian
  • Like 1

Well I checked that last bridge that we couldn't destroy and it was set the same as the rest so I guess we just didn't hit it right.

We had the objective order get messed up. After we killed off MvR's group (obj 2) the bridge objective was suppose to be number 3.

I put a fail safe in just in case MvRs DR1s didn't register as killed. The fail safe was firing flares at base 5 times to start obj. 3. Well it seems we like firing flares

so much that the objective got initiated prematurely. It happens and you learn from mistakes (come up with a different fail safe or don't place the counter near the base).

Had a hell of a fun night bombing everything around that city, Gold suffered no losses except Zed on the first sorty , I believe he flew over the enemy air base on the way back. After Zed left for the night Robby and I went on to destroy 4 bridges two trains at least 3 trucks and both barges by the factory...ooh and a couple aerostats and two aaa guns and shot down between the two of us 5 enemy aircraft.   All in all a GREAT night.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WWFawlty said:

Well I checked that last bridge that we couldn't destroy and it was set the same as the rest so I guess we just didn't hit it right.

We had the objective order get messed up. After we killed off MvR's group (obj 2) the bridge objective was suppose to be number 3.

I put a fail safe in just in case MvRs DR1s didn't register as killed. The fail safe was firing flares at base 5 times to start obj. 3. Well it seems we like firing flares

so much that the objective got initiated prematurely. It happens and you learn from mistakes (come up with a different fail safe or don't place the counter near the base).

Speaking of MvR...

....after watching tracks.... remember all those bullets I said were whizzing by me that we said were the barge? HA! It was MvR and his buddies!! *smh* i nearly wrenched my neck looking for where those shots came from...guess I'm blind in WW1 also...HA!

GREAT MISSION again Fawlty!!

10 hours ago, WWICYtheDEAD said:

Had a hell of a fun night bombing everything around that city, Gold suffered no losses except Zed on the first sorty , I believe he flew over the enemy air base on the way back. After Zed left for the night Robby and I went on to destroy 4 bridges two trains at least 3 trucks and both barges by the factory...ooh and a couple aerostats and two aaa guns and shot down between the two of us 5 enemy aircraft.   All in all a GREAT night.

After shooting 4 of them down in a loaded bomber.......

Thanks for the great mission Fawlty, there were a TON of things to do. I saw that factory near the town get blown to smithereens first hand. Then I spent the rest of the night either spinning myself into the ground, roasting my engine, or nearly colliding with people. 

OK I'll run that mission again Geez if that's what everyone wants.

I tidied it up a bit and moved the 42 Sqd ai Brisfits, alt. down to 1300 meters (not feet) from 1900m.

Maybe we can get blue and GOLD to form up on 42 before we head out on the sortie. check the briefing.

Simple Radio (SRS) will be available if you want to run it

Edited by WWFawlty

26 minutes ago, WWFawlty said:

OK I'll run that mission again Geez if that's what everyone wants.

I tidied it up a bit and moved the 42 Sqd ai Brisfits, alt. down to 1300 meters (not feet) from 1900m.

Maybe we can get blue and GOLD to form up on 42 before we head out on the sortie. check the briefing.

Simple Radio (SRS) will be available if you want to run it

Gold flight inadvertently tried to wing up with a group of D7s in the beginning..lmao .. that didn’t go so well, before we saw the higher flying Bristol’s. That was my bad, we will be sure to wing up with the RIGHT group this time!