i think the only setting that is really important is under settings, the auto connect promt set to off.  If set to ON, when you join the server, a window pops up asking you if you want to connect.  If the game window is on top of the pop up, you will not see it.

the ip address in the general window is not important, you really do not have to worry about it.  If you wanted to talk to people already in a mission, and on SRS, but you did not want to start the game, then yes, you would need to tell it what address to connect to.

i am not sure if the server can be set to have everyone that joins go to a specific channel.  Right now it seems that when you join, you have to click on channel 1 (or whatever channel everyone is using)

• Thanks 1

Seemed pretty strait forward...

...I was able to set it all up in the 10-15 minutes it took everyone to get situated tonight....

So if I can do it...anyone can.

I would have to agree with Brian, a few clicks here and there and your up and running, I’m sure with a little more screwing around with it we could get the multi channels working just fine.

If you'll assign a separate key/button for each comm channel, you can talk to separate groups just by pressing the appropriate keys/buttons.  Of course, you need to have multiple comm channels in the plane, and have them tuned to the right frequencies (or, at least, that's how it is in DCS).  In DCS, I'll usually set up comm 1 for my flight and comm 2 for the CTAF frequency and can monitor and talk on both depending on which comm button I push on my HOTAS. 

Frequencies not used right now.   You can go straight to 1-5 with key or use bound up and down channel.  I have one of my hat switches.  Up=up down=down left=intercom right=radio.   Turn text to speech on and get voice confirmation of your change. Great for vr!

Duck I had to enter my ext. ip on my server to connect via the sds file for simple radio to connect.  srsCommServer="#.#.#.#:6002"

Are you running secure coalition radios for the servers? 

Zed is the intercom basically, broadcast to all channels?

1 hour ago, WWZed said:

I have one of my hat switches.  Up=up down=down left=intercom right=radio.   

I have mine set up this way as well on one hat...just 2 buttons ( up-channel and down-channel) instead of 5 buttons (one for each channel)...and left and right for radio/intercom select.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, WWBrian said:

I have mine set up this way as well on one hat...just 2 buttons ( up-channel and down-channel) instead of 5 buttons (one for each channel)...and left and right for radio/intercom select.

Ya I'm going to do the same thing Brian, just need one more button for the overlay on and off. May not even need overlay with text to speech activated.

Edit; confirmed you don't need overlay, text to speech takes care of that.

Edited by WWFawlty
1 hour ago, WWFawlty said:

Duck I had to enter my ext. ip on my server to connect via the sds file for simple radio to connect.  srsCommServer="#.#.#.#:6002"

Zed is the intercom basically, broadcast to all channels?

The intercom is for pilot/gunner or tank crew only.  Only talk to people in your machine

• Thanks 1

Alright, got it installed and was able to connect on Combat Box. I set bindings for PTT, Channels 1-5, and an Intercom switch. Should I set anything else?

Edited by WWChunk
14 minutes ago, WWChunk said:

Alright, got it installed and was able to connect on Combat Box. I set bindings for PTT, Channels 1-5, and an Intercom switch. Should I set anything else?

Under settings, options special, there is a “turn off Icy rants when he hits a tree”.   Other than that you have it covered

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, WWFawlty said:

that is what I ended up doing.  Pisses me off that they put the 127.0.0.1 in the tuturial....

I have no idea what this is, unless you are asking if SRS is installed on the server, in which case it is.  All you have to do is add the IP for the server into your sds (copy from mine on server 2)

At the present setting we are NOT running secure comms (you can hear both sides).  Once we are more comfortable and decide we are going to use it we will secure so you can only hear your coalition.

Dieppe is only one side, so doesn’t matter.   We are also running full duplex so there are simultaneous comms (you can hear while you talk). Half duplex shuts off hearing while you talk.

I think I got this loaded, but a little hard to tell.  I can turn on the overlay and I have created bindings to channel up, channel down and PTT, but have not got it to show up in the game yet. 

Not messing with it in VR just yet, just trying it out.

4 hours ago, WWGeezer said:

I think I got this loaded, but a little hard to tell.  I can turn on the overlay and I have created bindings to channel up, channel down and PTT, but have not got it to show up in the game yet. 

Not messing with it in VR just yet, just trying it out.

You'll have to actually be connected to a server - in the mission -  and have picked a side for you to tell.

...when you do, you'll see a green light on radio (and amber on intercom), you'll see inside the bar, the channel you're on and the number of folks in that channel  ( example Channel 1 - 3 = Channel 1 - 3 people on the channel)

Then when someone talks, you'll see their name in the bar. Voila'.... you're all set.

Edited by WWBrian
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, WWBrian said:

You'll have to actually be connected to a server - in the mission -  and have picked a side for you to tell.

well...hopefully that is controlled by a server setting (which one I have no idea).  Right now, if you know our srs server address, you can connect to it even if 1: there is no mission running on the server,  and 2: even if you do not have your game loaded.

On 7/24/2020 at 10:06 PM, WWSittingduck said:

that is what I ended up doing.  Pisses me off that they put the 127.0.0.1 in the tuturial....

dumb shits.....

sorry, I get pissed when people do not make the effort to make sure their instructions are clear to others...

when they took the screenshots for the tutorial, they were testing SRS tp make sure it worked remotely, hence the info in the screenshots is not only wrong...but circled...

Thanks for the setup help Zed... 

I wouldn't mind trying this if everyone is on it at the same time. Would like to close out TS and just use SRS, can't do that unless everyone is using SRS. Then try it with my keyboard plugged in to see if I have volume issues TS. Just need to tweak the adjustments a bit for volume once were all on and give it an honest try to see how it works. 

I think the big benefit with SRS is more public multiplayer. I need to try that. No need to figure out any public TS, just join and communicate, or at least try... pending native languages of course.. :paper:

I think we should keep TS for a variety of reasons, but SRS is something we should definitely utilize often.  Also, for non-WW multiplayer stuff, it seems the best route by far.

Yeah, with all the enthusiasm for SRS, did not want to make any too many comments, but I have yet to see how it would be a benefit over TS on a normal squad nite.

For those folks who jump on servers all nite I can see where it is a god-send.

• Like 1