VR Settings in BOS

WWGeezer

Finally have my perscription lenses, so things have settled down on the VR.....just wanted to double check my default settings with my other VR heads.  Detail in the distance is a little tough, part of the package with VR, just wondered if I should be tweeking anything. 

Performance and speed have not been an issue at all.

Settings.JPG

hmm...pretty hard to get a screenshot in vr.....

my game resolution in my vr game is pretty low, so the image is hard to read...

vr1.thumb.jpg.558dfd4e81715314aaf0a84e9402e665.jpg

when I used steam vr, these were my settings.  Not saying any of this made much of a difference, but believe the advance super sampling filter helped.

vr2.thumb.jpg.0709b0ab1995be419cae73b59360220a.jpg

when I switched to open composite, this is my opencomposite.ini  (you have to create your own with notepad)

enableAudio=False
supersampleRatio=1.4

Interesting...I think the one that counted was the Steam resolution per eye.  I think in an update it may have changed to a default lower setting.  The scale has thin white line at the 2016 x 2172 and my slider was below that line.  I slid it up and immediately noticed things in the foreground improving.

"when I switched to open composite".....not even sure what that means.  Is that the non-steam product to use VR?

open composite vs steam vr...that's one of those things you just have to research and decide for yourself which one might be best for you..

you know,,,kinda like srs vs TS (sorry,,,just had to)...

personally, i think it is better.  I do not have to have steam running or steamvr running..just Oculus.

here are some links:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61946-opencomposite-how-to-use/?tab=comments#comment-980901

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55545-open-composite/

Geezer, i think the one that is affecting you the most is your screen resolution.  There are a ton of posts saying to set that to a lower value than what you actual monitor resolution is.

no need to check 4k textures, because vr is not in 4k, but doubt that is affecting your frame rate

But here are mine (bit easier to read)

OculusScreenshot1597110678.thumb.jpeg.5b6b021387e95fbe20e9e76d5b414599.jpeg

I use a screen resolution of 1280x720.  Works great and gives me high frame rates in VR.  This resolution only affects the monitor mirror, not the VR resolution. 

BTW, in case you haven't seen it, Duck, I posted my Debug tool info and settings:

Edited by WWGriphos

It's useful to turn off the auto frame limiter they call spacewarp.  If you find you're not getting more than 45 FPS, that's probably why.  That's a built-in feature in Oculus that throttles you down to 45 if you can't consistently maintain 90 FPS. 

If you are getting better than 45, though, then you don't need to worry about it. 

Edited by WWGriphos