I just gave my  trak IR away to a young man ( Freshman in high school ) who is a pretty enthusiastic flight simmer.  He is flying DCS.  Are there some of you that fly this one occasionally?   Might point him towards you for a flying night one of these days.

I fly it, but not regularly.  I was doing Hornet training every Saturday, and then Huey training, but that's finished up at the group I was flying it with.

I'd be happy to fly with him though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t get to fly it nearly as much as I’d like, but I hopped in the A-10C last night and ran through some of the training missions again. There is nothing like letting the GAU-8 rip against armor. Good Lord it was fun!

I have DCS, and keep it updated and even occasionally buy a new module. But the reason I bought it (actually, I bought the original A-10C before DCS brought everything together a few years ago) was to learn the A-10C. Something which, to this day, I have failed to do. I couldn't start it up without printing off checklists and cockpit knob maps to know where everything is. And I have no idea how to use the weapons systems, at all. But I do enjoy flying the various aircraft I own.

I even have the third-party A-4 Skyhawk, which was the one aircraft most responsible for getting me interested in aviation. I blame it on the Blue Angels, circa roughly 1972. 

1422488841_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_09.05-12_43_27_50.thumb.png.9630d2deaa47f54c17b0905593bb86cb.png

• Like 2

As far as DCS goes, in particular the A-10C, I FINALLY got all the buttons on the Warthog stick programmed. For folks that have the HOTAS, it automatically assigns all the controls in DCS, however, since my stick is mounted on a Virpil base, I lost those bindings. Now it all works, and it’s a 100% more manageable aircraft to fly, and to blow shit up. 

• Like 1