Maze

Still a wip.

Built this for ROF when Old Fokkers was pulling a crowd.  Took about 9 months, and by the time it was finished there just was not enough pilots flying to play it.

Each side has an airfield, and each side has a "vehicle group" of 4 vehicles representing N E S W, with a flag to indicate which vehicle is pointing North.

Mission objective is pretty simple.  Navigate your side's car thru the Maze and out the other side before the other team can.

To do this, each side must:

Send scout(s) over to the maze (not that far from the airfields and vehicle group).  Determine in which direction your sides car must travel to get thru the legs of the Maze.  Relay that information to your fighters flying over your vehicle group.  If you want to have your truck go South, the fighters must shoot and kill the "south" vehicle in the vehicle group.

In addition, each side should:

Send fighters to the Maze to kill the other sides Scouts.  Take away their eyes.

Send fighters over to the other sides vehicle group, and with directions from friendly scouts,  shoot the trucks in the vehicle group that will make the other sides truck go the wrong way.  Note, that this should be from info sent from scouts.  Just randomly shooting vehicles in the other sides vehicle groups might be helping them, if you don't know which way you want their truck to go to impede it's progress thru the maze.

The trucks that have to make it thru the maze will:

Stop if they reach a point where they can make a turn. 

Can be told to reverse direction if moving, but can not be told to turn 90 until they are completely stopped.

Of the 4 trucks in the vehicle group.

Only the ones that can send a valid move to the maze truck are actually active.  All the rest appear, but are "dummies"

So if the maze truck is moving North, the only trucks that are active are the North Truck (continue on course), and the South truck (turn around).

Issues I had converting from ROF to Box.   There were some really nice rows of houses I could place in ROF to make the Maze.  They are not in BoX, and the ones I tried to use were a nightmare, in that as you approached the Maze, or if you zoomed in and out at the maze, parts of the Maze would blink in and out.  I found objects that worked, but not as well as ROF.

The vehicles we have in BoX for FC are not the same as what we had in ROF.  They are much harder to kill.  So even thou I might make what appears to be a good strafing run on a vehicle, it does not get my maze truck to budge.

Terrain on ROF was better suited.  Nothing on the Arras map was "treeless" enough to place the maze, so had to use the Lapino map.

Obviously I can not show your the maze, but this is a small section of it

maze.jpg.5be3e29ca217ea189384602e89c595db.jpg

This is one sides Maze vehicle at the start

452775554_maze2.thumb.jpg.f054483465a8bddb4b66fe4b9764155b.jpg

This is the "vehicle group".  Flag indicates North

427945252_maze3.thumb.jpg.a30d09510835dfff5ce768257b09c815.jpg