Tuesday 9-8

IF nothing else has been planned.

Made a quick mission on the Velikie_luki map.  Flight area is kind of small, so could be hectic.  Did notice field we take off may be long enough for the he-11 to get off the ground.

Flying German, no op-for, there is a re spawn field, but damn if I could get my plane to rearm....kept giving me a message I have never seen before about my oil coolant system.

• Like 3

So that's why there were so many air targets... 

I gave up trying to bomb stuff, since I inevitably had 3-5 bad guys chasing me before I got near a target. 

They seem to have reverted to an earlier style of "thunk" noise when you get hit, a noise that only played a few seconds before your wing falls off. I should not be able to hear enemy guns firing, but I damn sure should hear when a rifle caliber bullet pings through my airframe. Hell, a rock kicked up by my tires at 50 mph scares the shit out of me inside the cab of my truck.

I've had the unfortunate experience of hearing what a bullet sounds like punching through my unarmored truck cab... Even with radios, engine, etc, it does get your attention. Granted it was a slow, fat, 9mm bullet and not a high velocity rifle round, but it still made a distinct noise. Maybe the game engineers could set up some mics inside a derelict car target at the range, and have some fun making holes and recording noise. 

That was a good mission for me Duck. Got to practice WW2 gunnery with lots of targets. Taking me a while to get back into WW2 and last night didn't feel like I was moving in on someone else's target. Did have to do a lot of evasion but that's good training as well.

Thanks for the mission

• Like 1