Nor Cal Nasty

WWGeezer

2 hours ago, WWSoarfeat said:

So sad to see this !!! My heart goes out to all the locals in the areas and wild life as well. 

You all take care and if you ever need a place to regroup your welcome here ( I'll have some ice tea and milk gravy on biscuits ready !!! )  

Not to make light of the whole situation but for a change we've had a very easy fire season as it's been so wet this year, so no fires for us but I'd still like some of Robby's biscuits and gravy with tea please.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WWCraven said:

Not to make light of the whole situation but for a change we've had a very easy fire season as it's been so wet this year, so no fires for us but I'd still like some of Robby's biscuits and gravy with tea please.

Biscuits in the oven, gravy in the iron skillet, tea freshly brewed ,  just waiting Mr. Craven !!!   👍 

• Haha 1

That's what Portland has looked like the last few days. We are about one mile from the start of the "warning level" zones. Green level 1 is "you best start thinking about what you want to save and where you want to go when shit starts getting real-er." Yellow level 2 (about 3 miles away) is "pack your shit and plan your exit route; maybe get a head start and beat the traffic." Red Level 3 (about 5 miles out) is "This is the Police - shit is real-real, why the hell are you still at home?"

Thankfully the winds have stopped and temperatures have dropped considerably (only 63 today - yesterday was 90) and the warning levels have remained stagnant the last 24 hours. We are expecting (hoping for) a coastal system that is supposed to provide at least some moisture (drizzle to a 1/4" of rain). 

Pins and needles   

It’s up here in Washington now as well. The winds shifted mid-week and smoke from the the fires in eastern Washington made its way here. It looks like Mars today. Thankfully the rain rolls in this coming week. Take care y’all. 

Pass some of them biscuits please!

You watch the news, the videos, and try and get a sense of what is going on there, but you know that is impossible.  There is no way someone not there, not involved with what is really going on can understand what some people are going thru.  I can only try and imagine. 

Last week I told the guys in TS listening to them made me realize how wonderful my life is.  That fact is becoming more and more obvious.

Be very thankful for what you have.

Yeah, sooooo.... Can ya'll out west keep that shit there, please? The smoke has made what's supposed to be a bright, sunny day ... less so. By far.

IMG_7370.thumb.jpg.c5c5c49252b91b8ac8aac5981d11fb89.jpg

The smoky skies make looking directly at the sun something that's still not advised, but absolutely doable.

IMG_7380.thumb.jpg.dc09dc0a5e38b0e9aa2c8cf74f56e77e.jpg

But, even with the smoky skies, I still got a good shot of Meghan and Rocky (sporting his latest haircut)

IMG_7376.thumb.jpg.48fec32894d06bc4edceb3a83c65a598.jpg