As all the admins are aware, there's a new software update available for Invision. I won't be processing that update until our custom theme has a matching update. So, admins, please disregard the update warnings you'll be seeing every time you log in.

I have confirmed our Titan theme has been updated, and will be doing upgrades tonight. This new update will change the look and feel of the site and forums a bit... Which will start with me removing the current version of the Titan theme. Please don't have a panic attack at the sudden lapse to default Invision, it won't last long. 

Okay... hopefully it's sort of okay as is. Please note you can switch to several different backgrounds (the colors of which has an effect on the color header bars on each section ... play with it via the "Customizer" switch in the top-right bar where your name is shown. This will change your view only, not everyone's. Give it a try.

FYI, PHP back-end was also upgraded. Hoping that latest is greatest and most secure.

Have to crawl out of the office and rejoin real life.

Can't seem to remove the sidebar from mobile viewing. Investigating. Meanwhile, mobile device viewers, keep scrolling, you'll get to the forum eventually. 

Please note any other bugs you find, please. 

19 hours ago, WWICYtheDEAD said:

There’s no way to change size of the font?

I'll check on that, I believe there is a spot in there someplace to adjust the normal font size. I know you can when replying, but for general reading I'm sure there is. Or should be (may be a missing feature.)

~~~

I checked with IPS Focus about the mobile sidebar thing, they've responded that it's a known bug (affecting Titan as well as several other of their themes) and should be fixed within a few days. This is why I pay for this theme: prompt action to correct minor bugs.

19 hours ago, WWICYtheDEAD said:

There’s no way to change size of the font?

Well, that was an easy find... At the top of the page where your name is, there's a bar with several buttons. One is an on-off horizontal slider looking button. Click that, it's the "Customizer" button (also where you can change background color, image, etc.) One of the buttons turned off by default is to enlarge the fonts. :)

It makes a subtle but significant change to font size... I'm using it now, too. 

16 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

only if you are using the Titan theme.

True, the default theme (white/lighter colors) does not have the enhanced options the Titan (dark) theme has. 

Okay, Titan theme updated, looks FAR better on mobile now. 

Also, Duck has requested a lighter colored theme, and provided me with some ideas. The first one is Ironsight, a free theme that adjusts the basic .css of default IPS for a customized feel. I've added the WW logo and a random screenshot for the background. It's available for those who prefer a lighter theme to the forum instead of the default Titan dark theme. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the forum, click "Theme", select "Ironsight" and your forum view should refresh to the new theme. 

Duck has one more possibility, made by the same place that made the Titan theme, and costs the same. The one he's selected for a light-colored alternative is "Novus", you can view it here (( https://www.ipsfocus.com/themes/novus/ )). Give it a whirl. If you prefer a lighter color theme, let me know and it can be added to the selections. 

Novus theme is now available, as the main light colored scheme. Those on Ironsight, please check out Novus and let me know your thoughts. Particularly if you prefer Ironsight over Novus. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm the kind of power user whose feedback is all that useful.  The main difference I see between Ironsight and Novus is that Novus has the navy color theme. 

I did get something odd happen in Novus when I clicked to see who had left feedback on one post.  It reformated the page to have the posts in the middle and big margins where the usual footers and headers relocated.  That didn't happen in Ironsight.  May have been a quirk.  Can't repeat it. 

I think I lean toward Ironsight. 

Edited by WWGriphos
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, WWSittingduck said:

Sandy...is there a limit to how many themes we can have, or would just prefer to keep it at a minimum.

I don't think there is a limit. I like trying to keep it as simple as possible.