Tuesday 9-22

WWSittingduck

I agree robby...the ai seem to be better at what they do these days.

I spent a good part of the night chasing down friendlies.  I would see a couple dots, turn towards them, only to have their lites come on a couple minutes later....

Lost count of how many times I would see 7 or 8 planes in a furball and spend another 2 minutes flying towards it, and as i got closer 6 of the planes would pop in with lites.  

Repair/refuel worked great for me.  I have never seen rearm finish so fast...it was almost instantaneous.   

• Like 1

Definitely had a great time flying the mission last night.  Thanks for putting that together for us Duck!

Not sure I'm a big fan of the enhanced visibility feature, as folks have already said one spends a fair bit of time chasing what turns out to be friendlies after their navs flare up like a gigantic Christmas tree.  In my mind I like the normal version better as at least I can better determine if a contact is friendly or not when I spot them.

Of course it wouldn't matter which version we used if we fly without navs on and perhaps we should consider doing just that, gives us a chance to brush up on our AC recognition before pulling the trigger.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WWCraven said:

Of course it wouldn't matter which version we used if we fly without navs on and perhaps we should consider doing just that, gives us a chance to brush up on our AC recognition before pulling the trigger.

Agree, wholeheartedly. 

I'm all for flying with nav's off.  

But, this will NOT change finding yourself flying towards a dot for 5 mins only to find out it's a friendly....it will only mean it will take you longer to figure that fact out...

I know it's easier said than done, but improving our communication skills might help.  You could call out and see if anyone is flying in grid so and so.  I do see it clogging the channels somewhat.

Good topic for the next meeting.   

I think we should let the new guy decide....

• Haha 1

I feel the whole ww2 communication format is lacking. For instance we fire up a mission everyone jumps on to their usual channel and it's "see you next week" 

Feed back is next to nil, bombers head off in some unknown direction, fighters roam the skies looking for something to shoot, little to no coordination outside of your channel.

We all can't be on the same channel so maybe have what happened in Zed's mission someone to coordinate the operation or use simple radio.  

I started making missions by laying down multiple targets but changed to having objectives show up only after completion of the previous one.

At least this way we know where we're all heading, oh and nav. lights aren't a factor in WW1 so I'm leaving enhanced visibility on. 

• Like 2

Maybe we should keep Blue flight on the same channel as Gold since they usually fly together and Red stay on there channel since they usually go after there own targets, it would keep comms chatter down and make it easer for flights to keep track of each other.

Assign one person per flight to be radio operator for whispers along with a back up in case of a no show. That will also keep chatter down between flights!

Gold flight has a flight lead ,radio operator And a navigator.  It seams to work pretty well for the most part!