Joystick mounts/stands

WWSandMan

Virpil mounts for the joystick and throttle. I went with them for three reasons. One they fit my Virpil joystick base because it’s made for it, they also fit the warthog throttle because they make an adapter plate for it, and finally, they were available. That last part seems to be the biggest issue with any mount nowadays. I highly recommend any type of mount. 

• Like 1

Currently, I'm using some plywood platforms that slot into the slightly opened drawer of my little walnut desk (from a Ft. Worth hotel in 1910). You can see a bit of it here:

That works well enough because my gear is heavy.  But I'm looking to get a dedicated gaming desk like the one below.  And then I'm thinking about the Monstertech mounts.  One for the Warthog, and one for the stick. 

image.thumb.png.99ca43cbc84ae88b3646672dfb18b5a8.png

Edited by WWGriphos
  • Like 1

That’s a great desk, and I want that monitor, about twice the size though!

I bought the worst named IKEA desk ever, the Jerker, but it also happens to be the best desk I have ever owned. Tons of real estate and slots to add arms and shelving on both sides. But damn, that name.

spacer.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WWGriphos said:

Apparently, this desk is discontinued.  That's too bad.  Looks like a great desk. 

I'm sure it's pronounced "Yuurker"  🙂

Man you took all the jocularity out of that one Griph😄 Do we still have the original post, might be worthwhile checking it out, you know for shits and giggles....

• Haha 1

I bought the Honeycomb Alpha yoke.  I've tried it out for about 5 days.  I like everything about it except the pitch resistance.  It's too stiff.  Might be fine for folks that don't ever really fly, but I don't want to train bad muscle memory. 

Anyway, before sending it back to Newegg, which is already sold out again, I thought I'd offer it to anyone here that has been wanting one and has missed out on the narrow windows when it's in stock. 

well I was using google, my table actually looks like this ( but still beautiful).   As an old draftsman, I like the high stool with a foot rest.  Got that on Craig's list years ago.  All aluminum  from a company called "Goodform"....built aircraft frames during ww2.   I fit up the table with a little platform for the rudder pedals.   Besides a pulley overhead to manage the VR cables,  nice big play surface.

dog is optional.

image.thumb.png.31d6c19fb66ce22607287a1b35daf3fd.png

• Like 1