Wilson's Heart....VR Horror fun

WWGeezer

I was trying to find something to get myself into a COVID limited Halloween season this year and Wilson's Heart hit the mark.  

These VR adventure game is all black and white, set in a abandoned hospital in the middle of a night during a thunderstorm.  I am Wilson a salty old guy, and I wake up strapped to a gurney, having just had my heart replaced with some mechanical contraption.  Navigating is a little odd, there are shadow figures of yourself that show where you can navigate to.  Objects that are important are highlighted and you save them for use later.  They pop up when you need them so you don't have to work too hard to solve the puzzles.   I would call it a scripted adventure game, because it's taking you through its story, not a game you wander around in some wide open environment.

That being said the main character is voiced over by Peter Weller and the story is compelling enough.  So far I've had to ignite hospital bed's with kerosene, saw nurses attacked by a killer teddy bear, had giant rats leap out at me from cabinet doors.  Currently I am stuck in a place where a giant octopus / Little shop of horrors thing oozes out of bathtub drain and sucks me into it's teethy grin.  The only object I have is a chisel, but so far have not figured out how to disable the nasty thing.

It is 1950's ish horror with a Bela Lugosi wanna be vampire and buxom ladies in distress. 

What more could you ask for?