Tonight we have lost a good friend and pilot.  WWIcy (Tim Owen) has passed following a medical condition.  He is always in our thought and prayers..

HIGH FLIGHT

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds, — and done a hundred things
You have not dreamed of — wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there,
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air. . . .

Up, up the long, delirious burning blue
I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or ever eagle flew —
And, while with silent, lifting mind I've trod
The high untrespassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

82EFD6BC-BF5F-4D6C-9A8E-8CC8ADFCB828.jpeg

• Like 2
  • WWCraven featured and pinned this topic

I'm stunned. Saddened. Utterly at a loss.

@WWZed @WWGroucho Please let us know where we can send our condolences when you have that information (post in Private Squad Business please.)

Tim, we will all miss you, your friendship, your presence. Please know you're in good company, among the High Cover flight of Wing Walker members who have passed before you. Kat, Lily, Wringer and Happy have got you covered on your journey heavenward. May your rest be peaceful, sir.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, WWSandMan said:

I'm stunned. Saddened. Utterly at a loss.

@WWZed @WWGroucho Please let us know where we can send our condolences when you have that information (post in Private Squad Business please.)

Tim, we will all miss you, your friendship, your presence. Please know you're in good company, among the High Cover flight of Wing Walker members who have passed before you. Kat, Lily, Wringer and Happy have got you covered on your journey heavenward. May your rest be peaceful, sir.

Will do sir.

It isn't often that a pilot comes along, and has so much to offer that they literally change the face of the squad.  Think of all the things we do a little different since Icy and Fry came on board.  WW will move on, but imho , will never be quite the same.

Thanks for everything you gave us Icy.

• Like 4

I'm still at a loss for the appropriate words to describe how I feel about Tim's passing, it's damn hard. Others have laid out the words that I can't seem to express and have said them well.

Icy did indeed change the quiet solitude the WW's found ourselves in early 2017, by the time he got to join the Wing Walkers he'd knocked some of that out of us with his hard charging passion for the sim, the WW's and life itself.  I will always fondly remember how some of us gently and not so gently at times, would chide Icy for his seemingly never ending supply of exuberance on anything and everything, how I wish he was still with us so I chide him another million times or so.

My heartfelt condolences and respect to Tim's wife Lynne and family.

Miss you brother Icy. 

• Like 2

You guys are a class act, I'm so proud to be a member of Wing Walkers.  Tim's wife was keeping me updated on his condition, then about 18:30 she told me he had passed.  He left us too soon, we are the same age.  I couldn't bring myself to hop on here to let all of you know last night for what I'm going through right now.  He and I had some great times.

I'm glad I was able to fly with him last Thursday and I'm going to start flying Tuesdays again, now that daylight savings time is over I can get home from work and be on by 18:00 pst.  

I'm not very classy or profound so this is the best I can come up with right now and even though alot of what was said in this thread was directed to his family I feel included, Tim and I were like brothers.

Things aren't going to be quite the same here on out.

Thanks, Tom

• Like 7

Condolences to you Tom, losing a good friend is like losing family, sometimes worse, especially a close friend like you had. We are here for you. We try to honor our members, well friends really, with a missing man formation. Pretty sure you have seat reserved in the flight if it feels right for you. 

• Like 2

I have been involved in a few squadrons over the years, I will say this Squadron has a strong brotherhood I have not seen. I was impressed in my first few months to be apart of Happy's Honor Flight. We take care of our Squadron Mates. I am and will always be proud of my Squadron, You all are the best!

I will miss Tim as all of us will ! Tom you are missed also , I'm glad your back in the fold.

Salute

• Like 2

Never got the pleasure to get to know Icy being it took me 10 years to join up a number of months ago.

It's obvious from the notes posted here that I missed out on meeting a person of real character.

It's a shame loosing someone like that, I'm not even sure of his age but something tells me he was to young.

Edited by WWFawlty

My condolences for your loss WW's. The other side of the coin of this close cyber squad is that when loss occurs it is exceptionally painful. My prayers are there for you and for his family during this time.

Chuck

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I believe all of us are in a similar state, Bri.  Even after more than a month, I still trip across recent forum posts from Icy/Tim that make it feel like he's still here. 

Dubya got some video issues figured out and is processing data into video clips to become part of the final Memorial Flight video for Tim. 

• WWSandMan unfeatured and unpinned this topic